[syndicate] Baudrillard on riots, on EU referendum, etc.

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Sun Nov 20 14:58:45 CET 2005

Dear Saint Paul

Could'nt you imagine anymore than your fascination of intolerance and war of
the truth under the words of your former activist references instead of your
real vision and perception of your actual environment? Wouldn't it be a form
of negationism to deny the actual through former credo in an eternal
repetition of the past.

Why do you think that International Situationism they would have stop
existing as several common by a common decision from their own agreement, to
dissolve -or a pragmatical political problem facing the events and the
virtual capital growing up through the general equivalence - money?

Nowadays we are still into but yet out and far away La société du spectacle
as predictable society and revolution and more of the future. We are in a
global conter-revolution obviously - open your eyes.

The means are not still global but singular - united several thoughts,
several singular situations and concepts : not one.

Which is exactly why I found relevant A hacker manifesto. Not a credo in the
name of the truth. Much more little than the high Société du spectacle. A
text omanog others and calling for others from everywhere.

But a hack as a long kaleidoscopic lyrics of another arangments. Of another
way to emerge in the acts.

Debord was same time overpassed by his past vision of the revolution -
overpassed by his own theory what is exactly he did not control of his own
thought - and in advance regarding the changing word at the horizon of the
spectacle of commodity; but we are not still in the material commodity, we
are in the virtual commodity (being richest without material ownership - see
google); yet now what is toward the spectacle -spectacle which is not
necessary right now to this sort of dominion ; what it is necessary it is
only the GAME and specially the game of self detruction and the gameof the
other destruction being the war - addicting by the spectacle but being so
much more addicting in the head -without analogon. Same time Debord could
not imagine how the culture of the truth would desappear at the horizon of
the end of the system of the production - inside which his thought of a
global revolution facing the spectacle it is contained - dépérissement de
l'Etat in USSR and the result they are to close the question of the
proletarian dictatorship.

When Nations they were singularly in respective antagonist: workers have to
be united globally. In the global trans-national world we have to desunite
global antagonist organization in singular solidar contructive
organizations. Remember the way Gandi was successful in India against
English that was predictable of another solution. Since more of a century
Indian from any community they were resisting in weapon front of English and
they were unusefully reprimed by English. And suddendly it was a massive
resistance without weapons (but hard) which got successfull over English.
The way was not that one of URSS borning nor the way of La longue marche. So
right now we have to innove another conception of struggle in marge of the
work ( a lot have no work right now or work which is not exactly at the
source of the largest surplus - being now financial - momey making money in
the set of the financial game of the holdings)

Which common interest of revolutionary activists and people from everywhere
could have in progress with the real economy of nowadays? Where is the
common progress please and to which utopia -or the conterprogress of Le
meilleur des mondes de Huxley or a dictatorship from a horde over another
hord: nothing - but a dictatorship at all and to any war?

I am afraid that Baudrillard, practicing dialectic in the respective entropy
of each part to its other, unfortunatly he could be in the adapted logical
thought front of the reality he describes.