[syndicate] New Reviews on Furtherfield.org (July 05)

Frederic Madre fmadre at free.fr
Thu Jul 7 20:27:34 CEST 2005

all is well in London

  _____

From: Sympa Owner [mailto:sympa at kilby.copyleft.no] On Behalf Of marc
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:25 PM
To: syndicate at anart.no
Subject: [syndicate] New Reviews on Furtherfield.org (July 05)

New Reviews on Furtherfield.org (July 05)

http://www.furtherfield.org

Scream(v0.1) by Amy Alexander.
Following a theme found in several of Amy Alexander's previous works, Scream
blurs the traditional distinctions between work and play. The effects of
computers on our leisure time - and vice versa - is an important and still
relatively under explored area in the analysis of our current social and
political realities, despite the fact that "it's hard to tell work from play
anymore. We seem always to be working - even when we're playing. Reviewer:
Chris Joseph.
Direct link: http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=149

Grafik Dynamo by - Kate Armstrong Michael Tippett, on Turbelance.org.
When I first encountered Kate Armstrong and Michael Tippett's Grafik Dynamo
after reading a brief description on the Turbulence website, it made me
think of the concept referred to as the "Internet Hive Mind." While I don't
subscribe to this concept as such, my initial thought when viewing Grafik
Dynamo was, "is this an example of what collective consciousness looks
like?" Reviewer: Alison Coleman.
Direct links: http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=152

House Gymnastics by Harrison&Ford.
Whilst discussing about boredom with each other in the upstairs hallway, fed
up with everything, wanting something different, fresh and alive. They both
realized that they had both reached a crossroads regarding the context of
their creativity. An important era was born, and out of this meeting they
busted their first moves. The Brace was conceived and perfected that one
afternoon and several experimental versions of moves followed.
Reviewer: Joachim Desarmenien.
Direct link: http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=150

Why Rock? by Annie Abrahams & Clément Charmet, at Turbulence.org.
As part of the guest curator’s season at Turbulence.org, Annie Abrahams and
Clement Charmet have brought together a variety of digital artists perhaps
more well known for their visual arts than musical explorations. Under the
banner of Why Rock? The pieces presented offer an intriguing exploration of
digital music’s potential. One that is more aligned to ideas of DIY punk
than what we imagine the current music scene to be. Reviewer: Mark R.
Hancock.
Direct link: http://www.furtherfield.org/displayartist.php?artist_id=205

Call 1 800 interact… by Martha Carrer Cruz Gabriel.
Bringing together voice and image to build a visual mosaic of users chosen
colours, Voicemosaic allows us to hear the voices of people dropping by and
saying a few words (mostly in Portuguese, and English) to be part of the
project. Voicemosaic shows a screen that maps participation as it arrives
from several different geographical areas, in different languages and
different times, and from this something is meant to be produced. Reviewer:
Joachim Desarmenien.
Direct link: http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?From=Index
<http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?From=Index&review_id=144>
&review_id=144