Analysis of Carson, Analysis of Lacan Tomato, with Original Texts

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Jan 16 03:24:54 CET 2004

Analysis of Carson, Analysis of Lacan Tomato, with Original Texts

Analysis of Carson

This is an exciting tale of the Malay Peninsula and the Seven Seas. I have
used the tale as a way of deconstructing Empire in the guise of Language.
I have also played with History as you see, with Dylan Thomas for example,
and Conrad / Carson for another. Carson has an 's' and Conrad a 'd' thus
'sd' or 'said' reflecting on the telling of this tale which is also a Tale
of Origin. Am I not the pale White? Am I not lost, as my words are lost,
in the Fires of the World? This is about the Fires of the World, and the
sounds or Music, which is that of the cycles of Creation and Destruction.

Analysis of Lacan Tomato

One would not associate 'Lacan' and 'Tomato' but a forced enclosure will
necessarily generate narrative. Due to the prevalence of the Net and
distributed intelligence, the narrative may easily be constructed through
the use of a search engine and minor subsequent modifications of the
results. Without head or tail, the residue of the investigation does
indicate, as all, even false, investigations do, a relationship between
these terms and any others. Given that, the presence of protocol
sentences, or even 'true' and 'false' data, is submerged within the
maelstrom of information.

Relation

Thus the relation between the Fires of the World and the maelstrom of
information, the disappearance of statement and the Empire of language,
becomes clear. Every text presupposes every other in my work, every text
is transformed by every other. The result is resonance, not entity. And
every text is fundamental, operative within the same sememe, producing the
same peripheral results. This work is the dance of theory.

Real-Life

The coffee-pot just broke. We just returned from an excellent reading in
zero-degree weather. Currently reading Ko Won, Buddhist Elements in Dada.
The air purifier is working. The medication for hypothyroid is working.
Our music tonight (trumpet, guitar) was tired and meandering. Can you
photograph a slide with flash? A cathedral? The nighttime sky? The sun?
- Yes to all of these.

Carson

She's exhausted; the cold cuts through her. The mast is covered in ice.
The boat is going under.

Lacan Tomato

The imaginary splits. The Real splits. The linguistic shifted shifts
uncomfortably. Anamorphic readings bend truth, don't get rid of it. The
slant truth meets the slanted mass. Ten below zero. The dance of theory.

Carson

the heart of darkness in the jungle, the menace of men and animals, fires
burning in the night, typhoon, soft trade-winds bringing men and women,
ships that sail the sea, to their senses, to their destination, to the sun
and the level ocean, to the moon and the level sky -:aye, this evil
haunting us forever, the good Lord notwithstanding, Uma the native girl,
Fiona the long-lost love disappeared far before the tale begins, Jim at
the helm, Jim with the engines, Jim with the Beaufort scale over the top -
you just had to look into his eyes, they were those of someone hunted far
worse by himself than ever an enemy would bring to the fore - their eyes
reflecting his, these pilgrims held to the ground by their stern belief,
the captain grappling with the first mate, first mate with the engineer,
stay out of it, there's the lush beauty of the islands, the dark beauty of
the girl -:my old friend. he's always infuriated with Dylan Thomas and
that line of his, as if Dylan hadn't done anything else in his bloody
life. but he's got a chance to read it again, the outcast native girl, the
missionaries, the dim view of humankind in general, more and more
betrayal, another drink for the old man, penny for the old guy. his Lord
Jim's the meandering of a soul with division inherent among the races,
ratings, and that pain of his, a coward against those of Islam who tend
beneath steel-grey skies - who tend, I say to my old friend, as if there's
yet another mindless sea-captain, fat or thin or tall, who can tell?
-:aye, the natives and their fearsome beliefs:aye, the voices breathing
down our necks:
aye, the voices chanting in the distance
aye, the voices changing all about the fire, but where
aye, the voices breathing down our necks
aye, the natives and their fearsome beliefs
aye, the whites and their pale skins and paler morals

aye, the voices breathing down our necks:through my the heart of darkness
in the jungle, the menace of men and animals, fires burning in the night,
typhoon, soft trade-winds bringing men and women, ships that sail the sea,
to their senses, to their destination, to the sun and the level ocean, to
the moon and the level sky -!

   Lacan Tomato

   Fabrice Roger-Lacan. true
   Ecco Spirit White-Delphin - Ecco - Womens Ecco Spirit
   White-Tomato - Ecco - Womens eBooks - Passion in
   Theory: Conceptions of Freud and Lacan Adult Costumes
   true
   p 40k So now I have 24 tomato plants all told, which
   considering that I have never had  posted by Deirdre @
   12:04 PM. I think the reason the ideas of Lacan and Freud
   true
   hive.html 26k The ultimate irreducibility of noise is a
   founding element of Lacans address to his ...
   1:54 AM Sarah Bunting of Tomato Nation writes about tech wars
   and the true
   tml 9k studies Psychology Title: Everything You Always
   Wanted to Know About Lacan Author: Slavoj Zizek. Diane
   James Sun, Snow and RainDiane James Tomato, Lettuce an
   true
   0915921.html 24k They had Aristotle, we had Jacques
   Lacan. They had Homer, we had Homer Simpson. ART
   AS A TOMATO: FRUIT OR VEGETABLE? KETCHUP OR SALSA? ...
   delay in the production of the plant hormone ethylene (Lacan
   and Bacou In tomato, inhibition of ethylene
   production by suppression of ACC synthase (Oeller et true
   Encyclopedia INFOSURR - Le surrealisme et ses alentours Jacques
   Lacan - lacan dot com zu Film,Theater und
   Fernsehsendungen SEQUENZ : berlin Tomato uk -flash ...
   pronoun references in Tomato clear 6 Of
   course, one of the meanings of word imaginary that
   Irigaray plays with is Jacques Lacans use of the term
   Rarely are pronoun references in Tomato
   clear 6 Of course, one of the meanings of word
   imaginary that Irigaray plays with is Jacques
   Lacans use of the term true

   End Lacan Tomato

   End Analysis