REALTOKYO MM Vol. 162

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Jan 16 00:47:24 CET 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____1_16_2004_Fri_vol.162_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) vol. 003

(2) Event Pick of the Week
AFTERHOURS presents Closet Mix #09
The Lonesome Organist & Bobby Conn Japan Tour 2004
by Andreas

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 42 events
including 7 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) vol. 003

October 25
J-ASEAN POPS concert at Impact arena, Bangkok.
In 2003, I've been involved with the Japan Foundation's "J-ASEAN
POPS" program. Following concerts in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta,
this time it's Bangkok. Appearing next to several pop and rock
bands from Thailand are Japanese artists such as Yuri Chika,
Johnny's Jr., and others. In Thailand and other South-East Asian
countries, Japanese culture seems to be immensely popular at the
moment, especially among young people. I'm feeling the strong
wish that this enthusiasm may be helpful also in other parts of
the Japanese-ASEAN relationships.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/maeda-003.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

AFTERHOURS presents Closet Mix #09
by Andreas

Alone he is, but with his entertaining shows and responsive fans,
multi-instrumentalist (or "one-man-band" to put it simply) The
Lonesome Organist (photo) can't be all that lonely. This time he
is joined by Bobby Conn, a fellow artist from the Chicago-based
Thrill Jockey label, who introduces his recently released album.
If you like the sense of humour of Pulp's Jarvis Cocker (the guy
who spattered yoghurt over Michael Jackson's head), you'll no
doubt enjoy the fun and musically virtuoso performance of this
charismatic anti-pop star who rips everything from disco to hard
rock to shreds.

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1789

Next week on RT:

- Out Of Tokyo

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO