___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 207___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 3 05:50:47 CET 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_3_2004_Fri_vol.207_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) Vol. 012

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Homage to Isadora Duncan
by Yoshida Yukihiko

(3) Presents
Digital Latin Sound
V/A: Condominium

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 40 events
including 7 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) Vol. 012

October 21
I'm meeting Nose Iseo and Mr. Kress on Omotesando to discuss an
exhibition on contemporary graffiti in Japan we're planning for
next year. After talking for more than three hours I visit the
Buckminster Fuller exhibition at Gallery 360 Degrees, see Larry
Clark's "Punk Picasso" at Watari Museum, and then proceed to
Kyobashi for Kato Izumi's exhibition.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/kubota-012.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Homage to Isadora Duncan

Mention "the origin of modern dance" and "dancing barefoot", and
the average dance fan will think of Isadora Duncan first. Sato
Michiyo is one of the successors of Duncan's style, and many
critics certify that Sato's dance is the real dance of Isadora
Duncan. At this event, Dr. Jeanne Bresciani, the artistic director
of Isadora Duncan International Institute and Sato, the Institute's
ambassador to Japan, show a number of reconstructed dance works
choreographed by Isadora Duncan. Especially worth seeing are the
"Excerpts of Brahms' 16 Waltzes", which have been performed only
by Duncan's foster daughter Maria-Theresa Duncan so far.
Recommended not only to dance fans!
--Yoshida Yukihiko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,1238

(3) Presents

REALTOKYO gives away two free tickets for the upcoming
"Asahi Cafe Night" event dedicated to "Digital Latin Sound", and
three copies of the Italian label Mousike Lab's "Condominium"
compilation.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Initiators' Diary
- Tokyo Visitors' Book

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO