fw: andy deck :War Timers

doron doron at computerfinearts.com
Fri Jan 10 00:03:46 CET 2003

Dear War Timers --

I've started a Webring (see below if you don't know what I mean by this)
devoted to Anti-War themes.  I've started other rings (such as the Vote
Green Webring) before, and I feel that at the present time it would be
possible to build the critical mass that is necessary to make a web ring
successful.  I encourage any of you who have pertinent web sites to either
join the ring or send this announcement along to someone who might.

http://artcontext.org/antiWar/

For those of you who are not familiar with web rings, the idea is that
a group of thematically related sites are connected together with small
scraps of HTML code that each member includes in his or her site.
Additionally, these sites become part of a database that is searchable.
This strategy is demonstrably effective in attracting attention to the
sites in the ring because search engines like Google take into account
the number of links they find leading to particular pages.  The purpose
of the ring is therefore to provide a highly visible media presence for
the member sites vis-a-vis the most popular search engines.

And of course, in the case of this ring, the Anti-War Ring, the purpose
is to stop senseless wars before they happen.

Sincerely,

 Andy Deck