REALTOKYO MM Vol. 111

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Thu Jan 9 22:16:07 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____1_10_2003_Fri_vol.111___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*X*x*X*x*X*x*
THE REALTOKYO STAFF WISHES A HAPPY AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR!
*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*x*X*X*x*X*x*X*x*

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More") vol. 006

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Gaia at Home

(3) Presents
Rabbit-Proof Fence

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 36 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More") vol. 006

December 17
The day of the final proofreading. The printer is in Shimurasakaue,
and although this is conveniently located on the Mita line that
takes me there directly from Denenchofu, it's a relatively long
journey. Perfect for reading, so on the train I finish the 11th
volume of Inose Naoki's anthology "Nippon Bonjinden." I love this
one. I guess it was in my highschool days when I was paralyzed by
a shrewd interview with Inose in "Studio Voice" magazine. I could
imagine that the scenery of the interview itself must have been
pretty tough, and I also admired the enthusiasm with which former
editor Sayama Ichiro put together the article (with not a single
"(laughs)" in it). I tried a couple of times to make similar
interviews, but without success. Sayama's whole concept of
magazine-making was and still is admirably unconventional, ignoring
celebrities and rather pulling 'ordinary people' into the limelight.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0023-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Gaia at Home

You might have heard about the "Gaia" store for eco products and
food in Ochanomizu that probably offers the widest selection of
such items in Japan. At this event Gaia exhibits an extensive
palette of accessories to file under 'ecological,' ranging from
household articles and food ingredients to clothes and skin care
products, gathering about 50 manufacturers from around the world.
The organic food visitors can try at the venue comes complete with
dessert and even alcoholic drinks, which sounds like you'll have
to carry your holiday flab wih you for another while...
--Maiko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?0,308

(3) Presents

Gaga Communications invites 10 couples/20 people to a preview
screening of "Rabbit-Proof Fence."
Closing date for applications is 1/14.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO