[syndicate] \ re: Peace Activists Head To Iraq

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Jan 29 13:47:40 CET 2003

>I also have one similar experience from Romania, 1989.
>The army encircled us, some 200 people on a square,
>and when people shouted that they can shoot if they want,
>those soldiers who shot at all, were shooting in the air.
>Those 20 people who died were shot not face to face by the army,
>but from the back by snipers located in the surrounding buildings.

has it ever been cleared who were these snipers ? securitate ?
(that's what the woman in the beginning of this documentary by
Farocki/Ujica says, if I remember correctly )

in this documentary it is also mentioned that possibly the military
needed an enemy to strengthen their credibility ...

hm, hm ...

-------

Videograms of a Revolution (1992)

and Andrei Ujica's fascinating film covering the 1989 fall of the
Ceaucescu regime in Romania. A radical, media-based chronology that
condenses 125 hours of footage, Videograms of a Revolution carefully
mediates perspective as it presents a picture of political turmoil as
revealing and chilling as Eisenstein's October. A recorded spectacle
of dramatic, operatic and grotesque character. German with English
subtitles.

Directed by: Harun Farocki Andrei Ujica

------

>greetings,