\ re: Peace Activists Head To Iraq

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 28 19:02:58 CET 2003

27/01/2003 23:09:36, "Andrej Tisma" <aart at eunet.yu> wrote:

>> but Andrej, you are really in the situation to say to what extent
>> these action can be effective. it did not work in Novi Sad...
>>

>> greetings,
>> anna
>
>Well I am not sure if it didn't. The fact is that the bridge in Novi Sad
>that was "defended" every evening by hundreds of people standing on it
>survived for few months, until it was destructed. Other bridges were
>destructed in first few days of intervention. But in Belgrade the Branko's
>bridge was definitely defended by living people standing on it. It was never
>destructed.

I also have one similar experience from Romania, 1989.
The army encircled us, some 200 people on a square,
and when people shouted that they can shoot if they want,
those soldiers who shot at all, were shooting in the air.
Those 20 people who died were shot not face to face by the army,
but from the back by snipers located in the surrounding buildings.

greetings,
anna