\ re: Peace Activists Head To Iraq

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 29 20:12:31 CET 2003

29/01/2003 13:47:40, claudia westermann <media at ezaic.de> wrote:

>has it ever been cleared who were these snipers ? securitate ?
>(that's what the woman in the beginning of this documentary by
>Farocki/Ujica says, if I remember correctly )

no.
everyone suspects the secret police, but they have never been named.
whenever the deadline of a report and the reorganisation of the secret police
approached, interethnic pogroms started or miners invaded the capital.
some stuff of the army was layed off.

the Ujica-Farocki movie was not presented to a large audience in Romania.
[great movie!]
not only the moving images, but also a lot of photos helped
reconstructing the events, there is a series of pictures also about the square
where i was present.

29/01/2003 01:31:19, integer at www.god-emil.dk wrote:

>>The army encircled us,
>
>why not you +?
>why us +?

i was there by accident, i was on my way home. but i was not alone.
when people saw that there is no way out from the square,
we hold each other by hand. next to me was an old lady
with a shopping bag, and a young man. we said
'we are the people', and some started to undress.

>those soldiers were romanian.
>
>occident soldiers are entirely different.

but you see what Andrej says, that Nato soldiers did not
harm the bridge protected by human shields in Belgrade.

however, for me this human shield initiative sounds as
tragic as the Polish cavalry figting against German tanks.
in the Yugolavian war Nato declared that they are going to
spare civilians and civil life, but for Iraq they count
with the some 200.000 civil victims.

greetings,
anna