REALTOKYO MM Vol. 159

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 19 02:55:38 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_19_2003_Fri_vol.159_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

REALTOKYO wishes

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ M E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S - ~ - ~ - ~ -

                        and a happy, relaxed holiday season!

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Kubota Kenji (Art Tower Mito, curator) vol. 003

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Tanaami Keiichi: Get Back
by Oz

(3) Presents
Russ Meyer Film Festival Goods

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 48 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Kubota Kenji (Art Tower Mito, curator) vol. 003

October 30
We're having a series of lessons titled "Towards a Rediscovery
of Mito,"  as part of the "Mito-R" (tentative title) project to
renovate old buildings for "Cafe in Mito 2004." It's an event
we're planning for the summer of 2004 at Art Tower Mito.
Following the first installment (with guest architect Aoki Jun),
the second lesson is given today by R-Project member Harada
Yukiko, who helped set up Mori Art Museum and is now active as an
independent curator and writer. Harada talks about the renovation
of old buildings using several examples from successful projects
overseas.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/kubota-003.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Tanaami Keiichi: Get Back
by Oz

The great master Tanaami Keiichi has been crisscrossing genres
since the 1960s, and thanks to his indefatigable activities the
hair-splitting separation of art and design has become almost
an absurdity. The presence of this man, whose images were
imitated by a famous European brand for use in their products,
is as strong as ever, yet his continuously punkish attitude
keeps him off the "grand old man" pedestal. In this exhibition
the maestro unveils new animation works (collaborations with
Ikunishi Yasunori, Kakegawa Yasunori, Kuknacke, Aihara Nobuhiro,
and Agata Morio)! Other recent projects include reproductions
of costumes that the "Japanese Nico" (if you'll allow me to
exaggerate), Matsuoka Kikko wore 37 years ago. Could we be in
for another round of psychedelics?
--Oz

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,346

(3) Presents

Five readers win metal pin badges, and another five matchboxes
from the selection of original Russ Meyer Film Festival goods.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO