[syndicate] re> F.C.

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Mon Nov 11 12:34:49 CET 2002

>I copy&paste a fragment of MC about FC :
>"Cramer's 'seven by nine squares' is  a clever machine to create neoist
>poetry automatically (because neoists are actually too busy to
>make neoism). Although this piece presupposes language as the initial
>mechanism, its textual space has already expanded to such degree that it will
>be capable of perpetuating itself in unlimited semiosis.[...]
>Craner externalized her own contradictions by labelling them self-
>perpetuating challenges. This ambiguity is to be found again in her poetry
>as a certain discursive space and a potentially infinite text. [...]
>She splits idea into concrete signs. She becomes an object of her mania:
>Monty Cantsin."
>
>greetings,
>anna

"Man is an animal organism with (like others) an unmistakably
bisexual disposition. The individual corresponds to a fusion of two
symmetrical halves, of which, according to some investigators, one is
purely male and the other female. It is equally possible that each
half was originally hermaphrodite. Sex is a biological fact which,
although it is of extraordinary importance in mental life, is hard to
grasp psychologically. We are accustomed to say that every human
being displays both male and female instinctual impulses, needs and
attributes; but though anatomy, it is true, can point out the
characteristic of maleness and femaleness, psychology cannot. For
psychology the contrast between the sexes fades away into one between
activity and passivity, in which we far too readily identify activity
with maleness and passivity with femaleness, a view which is by no
means universally confirmed in the animal kingdom." [Civilization and
Its Discontents, Sigmund Freud, New York: Norton, 1961, p. 52n3.]