re> F.C.

anna balint abalint at merz.hu
Mon Nov 11 02:30:56 CET 2002

11.11.2002 00:46:25, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

>Florian, who's not really Monty - the name circulates although I knew
>Monty when he was performing around 1980 in Montreal - then he went to the
>lower east side - then it's not sure who he is, but somewhere on the
>nearer side of Karen Eliot - who I think wrote something I did - Alan

Anyone who isn't confused probably won't guess who MC is.
But she said once that if you don't understand MC, ignore him.
He makes a perfect sense without understanding.

I copy&paste a fragment of MC about FC :
"Cramer's 'seven by nine squares' is  a clever machine to create neoist
poetry automatically (because neoists are actually too busy to
make neoism). Although this piece presupposes language as the initial
mechanism, its textual space has already expanded to such degree that it will
be capable of perpetuating itself in unlimited semiosis.[...]
Craner externalized her own contradictions by labelling them self-
perpetuating challenges. This ambiguity is to be found again in her poetry
as a certain discursive space and a potentially infinite text. [...]
She splits idea into concrete signs. She becomes an object of her mania:
Monty Cantsin."

greetings,
anna