painting with databases

christian skina skina at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 1 17:37:39 CET 2002

Thank God Van Gogh is dead, I suppose he'd have cut his other ear too, if he
had to paint with databases.
What does a database do to the living artist? I see so much attention to the
"being new" for the sake of "exploring new borders". There's more money
running down the drain of modern art festivals, meetings, lectures,
agitation than allocated to clasical art. Must we all like electronic art,
really? Is this a sign of being alive? What is moving dots on a screen
doesnt move me at all? Should i vanish?
Ask a photographer, an aquarellist, when was the last time s/he had lunch?
(oh, dont worry, im not campaigning for myself, im neither a painter not a
database artist - just in case i need to excuse myslef)
C. Skiná