[syndicate] painting with databases

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Fri Nov 1 18:30:56 CET 2002

>Thank God Van Gogh is dead, I suppose he'd have cut his other ear too, if he
>had to paint with databases.

don't think he would have listened to a manager

>What does a database do to the living artist?

what does the canvas to a painter ?

>I see so much attention to the
>"being new" for the sake of "exploring new borders".

there are not so many exploring borders

>There's more money
>running down the drain of modern art festivals, meetings, lectures,
>agitation than allocated to clasical art.

not true

>Must we all like electronic art,
>really?
>Is this a sign of being alive? What is moving dots on a screen
>doesnt move me at all? Should i vanish?
>Ask a photographer, an aquarellist, when was the last time s/he had lunch?

when you answered all these questions,
you can start working.

ta, ta, ta ... must be even more foggy then here
in Holland these days.

it only happened to me today that
I wanted to go shopping and everything was closed.
at least some tourists were happy to find an 'original' in the street
for their photographs.

claudia