ECB new grants programme 2002

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 25 19:20:57 CET 2002

The European Cultural Foundation launched a new grants programme for
2002. For general information
on the grants policy for 2002 as well as detailed information on
application criteria and deadlines
please consult the funding section of the ECF site.
http://www.eurocult.org/
The new programme offers both project grants for organizations and
travel grants for individual people
working in the cultural sector. Please make sure to use the new on-line
application forms if you wish to
request a grant. .

The European Cultural Foundation is an independent non-profit
organization that
promotes cultural cooperation in Europe. Our goal is an open and unified
Europe, where
cultural diversity can flourish and enrich us all. We seek to foster
within Europe a sense of
belonging for all its people. The apparent conflict between diversity
and belonging is the
motor that drives our work. Our emphasis on cultural concerns is based
on their
importance in maintaining human rights and democracy. We operate
throughout the
whole of Europe and its bordering regions.

As an independent NGO with a long track record of working in the
cultural sphere, we are
well placed to promote artistic and cultural initiatives of a socially
motivated and
innovative nature in Europe and across its borders. Based on the
experience we have
gained in recent years and developments in Europe, we have redefined our
priorities. Our
activities are currently determined by the following three priorities:

-  Encouraging intercultural dialogue
-  Stimulating participation through artistic and cultural activities
-  Strengthening the cultural sector  [...]