[syndicate] Re: yes, but is it art

self re:ply.cator netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Mon Mar 11 10:59:48 CET 2002

At 10:06 AM 3/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> > how does the list function according 2 u?  wot r its aims, etc?
>
>come on! I've been on this list for ages and I know, deep inside, how it
>works.

ok, but i don't know wot yr _deep inside_ rationalisation/justification of
how this list wurks...i'd like u 2 tell me.
[but u seem unkeen 2 actually b n.gaged here].

>and you should too. do you have the time to read everything that comes
>from the mailing lists you are on ?

in terms of traditional meaning absorption & regulation schematics, no.
this is part of a list's dynamics.....& my method of data
absorption/net.work interaction is obviously vastly different 2 yrs.

>when I can't do it anymore, I unsub.

so u feel compelled 2 absorb all the info that is presented on a mailing
list forum, & when u can't do this [ie reach critical x.posure datamass] u
_unsub_?

u don't stretch & adapt? relearn & rehash? u use a print-based
absorption|progression archetype rather than interact within  networked
parameters?

> >i c this article as particularly relevant here, s.pecially given the
> spectre spilt & the rapid negative perception of NN
> postings.........these r the actions that make up the communal function u
> r so keen 2 project.
>
>(that was not my point)

no.

do u have any opinion of this new point? any thoughts here that u can
x.press in yr personal correspondence-acceptable-banter method? any
reflections on the idea that yr call 4 non-cross-pollination & yr claim
that this article wasn't appropriate on syndicate may be refuted via the
fact that the subject matter of the article pertained 2 issues that had
already been x.plored via the list _community_ itself?

> >>cross posting is clearly at fault here. I believe that _here this post
> reads as an advertisement.
> >
> >ok, & that's yr right 2 think this. [i obviously don't]. is it yr right
> 2 then state that the syndicate community|mailing list also holds 2 this
> view, & that each member is b.ing damaged by this x.posure?
>
>when did I do this ?!

u didn't. i'm c.king clarification as 2 whether u think u have the right 2
b a nominated syndicate community advocate.

>this is exactly what I am doing, I _ask_ the members by brining my views
>public
>but, here I was reusing you word _ask_, but it's not what I wanted to do
>nor is it the way I believe a ML should function. there is not one person
>that asks, there are topics that are brought up
>(and eventually thay all die down)

i don't understand this, sorry f. can u restate it?

>because it is _another topic. you seem to mix things up and I'm trying to
>be clear...

yes, i c that u do think i am trying 2 create confusion. i'm not.

search ][ingly][,
mez

  net.wurker][mez][
[trans. loose. (e)NT][ity][]