[syndicate] mez

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Mar 13 09:35:14 CET 2002

mez,

I'll pick a few points and hope that some others say also something
little busy

>>mez was suggesting that frederic is completely stupid
>>kind of annoying, because she should know, it's not the case
>
>claudia,
>
>  i did not suggest this @ all...i was trying 2 seek clarification of
> fred's points, as well as issues raised surrounding them.....?? i had
> _assumed_ that f held certain views that he doesn't. this does not mean i
> think him idiotic; it means that _i find_ his perceptions  geared along
> an axis that i find constricted & more traditionally-oriented than i had
> primarily assumed, this does not mean i think him stupid. he has every
> right 2 have his opinions.  we differ on much more than i thought. he's
> doesn't seem overtly n.terested in answering my qs in order 4 me 2 form a
> clearer understanding of his position. [that's how i learn].

yes, mez, but you also did not answer a few questions, which would be quite
interesting
to clearify a few issues of net.working, which in my oppinion, support an
establishment of hierarchical orders on the net

>i had previous thought that yes, my cross-posting 2 syndicate where
>appreciated and treated as information n.cidents|pulses that added 2 the
>list community. if this is not the case, let me know and i'll stop sending.

yes, this is interesting ..
that's what I do not understand .. if you think it is right what you do,
then do it, but do not ask
asking contradicts your work in my opinion ... this is what I meant ...
asking establishes hierarchical orders
there is no one you could ask if there are no hierarchical orders in the
info.flow
and if you accept the hierarchical orders, then I do not understand why you
are annoyed about fibreculture excluding you

>c, as i said in a previous post:
>1. i'm add.vocating areas that sing information & view dataflow [of a
>repetitive nature such as cross-postings or otherwise] as valuable.
>2. i view information that flows & flits within the parameters of a
>cross-threaded comm system as a resource 2 b treasured & acting as a
>[source] pool of communally accessible material.
>3. i'm sick 2 the teeth that ppl r n.tent on interpretation of multiple
>x.posures 2 info.mation or code-d.rived variations via perpetuation of
>data as it drawn back into a canonistic idea of absorption & meaning
>x.traction.........
>

>>or would it be possibly an idea to rather engage in the forum in a way
>>that would help to build up alternative channels
>
>is yr idea of engagement that i also ratify/regurgitate a method of
>correspondence based on a real-time method of communication\infoexchange
>that i find only offers select value in this _net.worked- arena?

no

>>I think this is a good question, because if not ... and the other
>>channels now on the net break down
>>what then with her art ?
>>
>>I basically have some doubts that her work is really depending on
>>crossposting ... it is in my viewpoint much more about absorbing and then
>>compressing and resending a trans.coded version ... my viewpoint
>>it does not have to get less rich if she is sending her works more selectivly
>
>which i have x.plained _i do_ [in terms of the dynamics that a list|node
>displays].......
>
>>as I have explained before I can see some reason in sending extensively
>>crossposted to moderated mailing lists ..
>>I actually make a difference here, as well as frederic .. also I think
>>that Syndicate needs forces coming from outside
>>because it keeps it fluid ... have explained this before .. I guess we
>>have enough of this, also if mez would decide that she would possibly
>>rather engage in this forum and her messages would be more addressed (
>>this was f.'s suggestion )
>>.. and it would be very valuable for Syndicate ..
>>if they were more addressed people would probably also reply to it more
>>.. could be nice, or not ?
>>( and then they would possibly also make a viewpoint to the subject of
>>Syndicate which is about East-West communication ( a Western East-West
>>remix ? ), although our East is quite silent at the moment, it is a very
>>important issue at least to me ...
>
>..and then we would have a recourse 2 predicable, ratified, linear,
>personal-correspondence templated pap that in _no way_ accounts|reflects 4
>the dynamics|functions of a net.worked n.vironment...............i guess
>i'm naive in the fact that i _assume_ this list actually wants 2 x.plore
>and reify this [again, let me know if this is the case.]

we are non.hierarchical
I wonder who should decide this
we count on every one deciding him/herself and being exposed to discussion
how you deal with this is your decision

>>possibly we are at a point were we have to try to find other ways to
>>promote openness, than to be annoyed that it is closing down more and
>>more .. and to engage in wars with those channels, which have not changed
>>in the last six years and will not change in the next few ..
>>
>>it's her decision if she makes a difference between Syndicate and other
>>lists or not
>>I would like it more, if she would engage ..
>
>no, its apparently not my decision, especially if u chose [in the future]
>to moderate cross-postings and m.plement a policy that x.ludes types|modes
>of dia|multilogue in favour of mimicking real-time conventions|x.changes
>only......

self.moderation is a client side moderation - non.hierarchical
it would not be so much different from setting a filter or not, which every
one can do in any case also now
this was discussed on the list
you should forget about the structures of other mailing lists ... think it
new !
Syndicate is based on a network thinking, which is non.hierarchical and all
we do is maintaining this
but in case there should be very many people suggesting that they cannot
deal with the very many posts
we might invent an tool to do selection every one on his/her own !

>>it's her needing channels for her art
>>and there are very many ways to build some if there are enough people
>>engaging
>
>n.deed c.

you see

>fustrating.lee,

you should be happy ... decide on your own )

>mez

claudia

( P.S. just referring to what was discussed before on this list when we
moved it, which was the reason why we moved it ... )