[syndicate] mez

self re:ply.cator netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Wed Mar 13 08:37:26 CET 2002

At 07:58 AM 3/13/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>mez was suggesting that frederic is completely stupid
>kind of annoying, because she should know, it's not the case

claudia,

  i did not suggest this @ all...i was trying 2 seek clarification of
fred's points, as well as issues raised surrounding them.....?? i had
_assumed_ that f held certain views that he doesn't. this does not mean i
think him idiotic; it means that _i find_ his perceptions  geared along an
axis that i find constricted & more traditionally-oriented than i had
primarily assumed, this does not mean i think him stupid. he has every
right 2 have his opinions.  we differ on much more than i thought. he's
doesn't seem overtly n.terested in answering my qs in order 4 me 2 form a
clearer understanding of his position. [that's how i learn].

>she was asking what the difference is between Syndicate and other lists
>and f. was replying that this is the point .. she is not reading it,
>otherwise she would know
>and got back to his idea that crossposting is damaging something

i did read it, c, & aimed @ clarification & multilogging regarding the
issues raised...
when it b.came clear that discussion [which was the mode that f instigated
with his initial post] wasn't going 2 n.hance the situation i ceased 2 respond.

>question is, if there is another solution
>and this was the point where this started from
>a) basic question: do you have to crosspost to Syndicate, while we are
>trying to keep the channels open that you need

i had previous thought that yes, my cross-posting 2 syndicate where
appreciated and treated as information n.cidents|pulses that added 2 the
list community. if this is not the case, let me know and i'll stop sending.

c, as i said in a previous post:
1. i'm add.vocating areas that sing information & view dataflow [of a
repetitive nature such as cross-postings or otherwise] as valuable.
2. i view information that flows & flits within the parameters of a
cross-threaded comm system as a resource 2 b treasured & acting as a
[source] pool of communally accessible material.
3. i'm sick 2 the teeth that ppl r n.tent on interpretation of multiple
x.posures 2 info.mation or code-d.rived variations via perpetuation of data
as it drawn back into a canonistic idea of absorption & meaning
x.traction.........

>or would it be possibly an idea to rather engage in the forum in a way
>that would help to build up alternative channels

is yr idea of engagement that i also ratify/regurgitate a method of
correspondence based on a real-time method of communication\infoexchange
that i find only offers select value in this _net.worked- arena?

>I think this is a good question, because if not ... and the other channels
>now on the net break down
>what then with her art ?
>
>I basically have some doubts that her work is really depending on
>crossposting ... it is in my viewpoint much more about absorbing and then
>compressing and resending a trans.coded version ... my viewpoint
>it does not have to get less rich if she is sending her works more selectivly

which i have x.plained _i do_ [in terms of the dynamics that a list|node
displays].......

>as I have explained before I can see some reason in sending extensively
>crossposted to moderated mailing lists ..
>I actually make a difference here, as well as frederic .. also I think
>that Syndicate needs forces coming from outside
>because it keeps it fluid ... have explained this before .. I guess we
>have enough of this, also if mez would decide that she would possibly
>rather engage in this forum and her messages would be more addressed (
>this was f.'s suggestion )
>.. and it would be very valuable for Syndicate ..
>if they were more addressed people would probably also reply to it more ..
>could be nice, or not ?
>( and then they would possibly also make a viewpoint to the subject of
>Syndicate which is about East-West communication ( a Western East-West
>remix ? ), although our East is quite silent at the moment, it is a very
>important issue at least to me ...

..and then we would have a recourse 2 predicable, ratified, linear,
personal-correspondence templated pap that in _no way_ accounts|reflects 4
the dynamics|functions of a net.worked n.vironment...............i guess
i'm naive in the fact that i _assume_ this list actually wants 2 x.plore
and reify this [again, let me know if this is the case.]

>possibly we are at a point were we have to try to find other ways to
>promote openness, than to be annoyed that it is closing down more and more
>.. and to engage in wars with those channels, which have not changed in
>the last six years and will not change in the next few ..
>
>it's her decision if she makes a difference between Syndicate and other
>lists or not
>I would like it more, if she would engage ..

no, its apparently not my decision, especially if u chose [in the future]
to moderate cross-postings and m.plement a policy that x.ludes types|modes
of dia|multilogue in favour of mimicking real-time conventions|x.changes
only......

>it's her needing channels for her art
>and there are very many ways to build some if there are enough people engaging

n.deed c.

fustrating.lee,
mez

  net.wurker][mez][