[syndicate] Re: get well

self re:ply.cator netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Mon Mar 11 10:44:09 CET 2002

At 09:51 AM 3/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>At 11:19 11/03/02 +1100, self re:ply.cator wrote:
> >..so yr act of rearrangement of info makes this type of
> personal-correspondance-m.ulation acceptable
> >in terms of n.hancing the syndicate community, whereas the cross-posted
> of info that doesn't con.form >2 this does not?
>
>absolutely, this is what I think.

ok, thx 4 the clarification.

> >..and u perceive that by cross-posting info i perform an action that
> weakens the community - its style and language and trivia and stories and
> internal fiction?
>
>in a nutshell, oui.
>
> >wot r. syndicates' style and language and trivia and stories and
> internal fiction?
>
>read it and you will know!

i find it difficult 2 maintain a multilogue in terms of this abbreviation
f.......if u r keen 2 d.fine the community & its function then this is
where u can do it.......

> >> i also view it as perpetuating a theory structure that relies on a
> linear interpretation of information, 1 that cuts of any repetitive
> nuancing in order that data is presented in accordance with a determinist POV.
>
>it is strange that this is what I perceive you to do...

how so f? how r my code.wurks linear? how is cross-posting linear in scope?
[i sense yr not really keen 2 discuss the net.work nor mailing list
community dynamics, more proscribe yr POV. this is terribly disappointing.].

> >i.c.that.we.should.revel.in.this.cross-pollination.activity.
>
>let me ask you just one question
>why do you limit this cross-pollination to MLs that are within a very
>limited scope (webartery, rhizome, syndicate, nettime, arc.hive,
>whatever... it'd be interesting to document the repartition of subscribers
>that receive more than one of those: I expect this too be huge) and not to
>the bonsai gardening MLs or protestant nurses or ?

i don't limit myself 2 these. i'm on a huge variety of mailing lists and
other net.worked avenues, f.

][disap][pointingly,
mez

  net.wurker][mez][