___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 83___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Jun 21 08:25:14 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____6_21_2002_Fri_vol.83___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks SPECIAL
Summer Holiday Events Around Japan

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book
Vol. 29: Patrick Champagne

(3) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi
Vol. 007: Kato Taneo, Asahi Beer Art Foundation

(4) Event Pick of the Week
Pappa Tarahumara: Birds on Board

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 57 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks SPECIAL

Summer Holiday Events Around Japan

Once the soccer world cup is over, summer's peak is just around the corner.
As usual,
art, music, and other cultural events are taking place not only in Tokyo,
but all over Japan.
For this volume of "Tokyo, 4 Weeks" the RT staff have gathered some dates
that are most
worthwhile a little trip out of town. As if you weren't wanting this anyway...

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0071-summer.htm

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book

Tokyo Visitor No. 29 is French sociologist Patrick Champagne, who visited
Japan for
an event in commemoration of his teacher, Pierre Bourdieu.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(Click the "Tokyo Visitors' Book" button on the top page)

(3) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi

In this volume of the RT original we introduce Kato Taneo, secretary
general of the
Asahi Beer Arts Foundation, and at the same time one of the creative forces
behind the
"Asahi Art Festival 2002" that is currently being held in Tokyo. In a
relaxed interview
ever-smiling gentleman Kato revealed his second face...

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/interview/kato01.htm

(4) Event Pick of the Week

Pappa Tarahumara: Birds on Board

Pappa Tarahumara is often collaborating with creators from around the
world, such
as artists Ingo Gunther or Aida Makoto, musician Leslie Stuck, etc. This
latest production
was made with Korean help, including visuals by Kim Young Jin and music by Kim
Te Kun, and dancers that were selected by the director of the Seoul
International
Dance Festival, Lee Jong Ho. I can't completely deny the impression that
director and
choreographer Koike Hiroshi sometimes runs idle in his splendid motifs, and
I can easily
imagine the tenaciously massive stage he will create for this time's piece
that is based
on the "Hamlet" material. The question is how he will adapt the classical
text...
--Oz

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,532

Next week on RT:

- Out Of Tokyo

- RealCities

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO