Dario Fo

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Sun Sep 23 14:47:47 CEST 2001

From: "SOFTLY.KICKING" <softlykicking at tiscalinet.it>
Subject: Dario Fo
Sender: owner-lev at shoko.calarts.edu

>From: lttl kttn <lttl.kttn at caramail.com>
>To: syndicate at anart.no
>

>**
>Dario Fo, the Italian playwright and satirist who won the
>Nobel Prize for literature in 1997, said bluntly in a widely
>circulated email: "The great speculators wallow in an
>economy that every year kills tens of millions of people
>with poverty -- so what is 20,000 dead in New York?
>Regardless of who carried out the massacre, this
>violence is the legitimate daughter of the culture of
>violence, hunger and inhumane exploitation."
>
>--if anyone has the email in its entirety pls send. thanks.
>**

The text is in italian, i hope that you could figure out what it
says, just follow the link below

http://www.alcatraz.it/edspcacao.html

I've read it and i can assure that your quotation is a good
translation but *really* misleading in respect of tha overall meaning
of the original integral text.

Ciao
Giorgio