___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 46___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Oct 5 19:12:39 CEST 2001

    R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____28_09_2001_Fri_vol.46___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

Dear readers,

We are very proud of announcing you that the first baby of Andreas
Stuhlmann, the Editor of RT's English version, was born today.  The
boy was named Leon.  He is expected to become RT's seventh editor.

I, Ozaki Tetsuya, write and send this newsletter in Andreas' place.
Please forgive  me if there are silly mistakes in English.
Anyway, congratulations, Andreas and Kyoko-san!

Tetsuya

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
Ryoji Ikeda concert_2001

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book vol. 15:
Lee Jae-Yong

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary:
Vol. 15

(4) Present of the Week:
REALOSAKA Opening Memorial Goods

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 48 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries in our 'books/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

The Ecstasy of Sound and Light Lifts its Veil
Ryoji Ikeda concert_2001

recommended by musicologist and critic, Kubota Akihiro

With the release of his second solo album "+/-" in 1996, Ikeda Ryoji
delivered a key to a new primitive world of electronic music he has
developed employing sine waves, click sounds and white noise.
Originating in a sharp and highly clarified sense of beauty, these minute
yet dynamic sound constructions are presently conquering the world in
various forms, and countless appreciative musicians and listeners
recognize in them the roots of the contemporary 'glitch/electronica' or
'technoise' forms of post-techno music. . .

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0051-kubota.htm

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book vol. 15: Lee Jae-Yong

After having people from all over the globe sign our Visitors'Book, here's
a snap of Seoul-based film director Lee Jae-Yong,who is in town for the
promotion of his movie "Jun-ai-fu, the first big collaboration of two
major film companies of Korea and Japan.

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary:

Volume 15 of "Composite" Editor Sugatsuke Masanobu's diary

August 10 (Fri)

All the world is on 'O-bon' holidays, but, two days before my departure
for London, for me it's a hectic time with lots of arrangements and
contacts to make. I'm excessively writing emails, and I still have to find
a place to stay over there. The departure is Sunday, so I better hurry up!

In the evening I'm at the Brazilian Embassy's official residence in Yoyogi-
Uehara, where Sakamoto Ryuichi and Paula and Jacques Morelenbaum give
an 'invitations only' concert. It's a promotion for their album "Casa,"
which was recorded at the home of Antonio Carlos Jobim, and contains
covers of his compositions. Jobim's "Wave" is among my Top 3 albums,
and I really enjoy the trio's homage to this great artist.

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/0015-sugatsuke.htm

(4) Presents

To celebrate the launch of our twin site, REALOSAKA, we made some
REALOSAKA Opening Memorial Goods, containing a "Taiyo no To" badge,
very special stickers, and three different postcards.
Next to 30 sets of our sensational REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)
these will be given to just everybody!
(And the best is: you can put RT stickers and RO stickers together,
like a jigsaw puzzle!)

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- "Tokyo, 4 Weeks"
Rakugo or comic story telling by Tatekawa Danshi
recommended by Tatekawa Chicago

- "Out of Tokyo" Vol. 21
A Dialogue with Designer Higashiizumi Ichiro (part 2)
by REALTOKYO Editor Ozaki Tetsuya

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.  Copyright 2001 REALTOKYO