AW: AW: AW: [syndicate] fwd: EXCEPTION, EXHIBITION attacked byviolent nationalists IN BELGRADE

horrorkatze at modukit.com horrorkatze at modukit.com
Tue Feb 12 12:33:57 CET 2008

Cowboy with a gun stayed
taht's a real tragedy

again, I'm only discovering what you're all talking about (thanks for
the pics, I can't watch youtube at work) and ...

> The problem is now in Belgrade that nobody from the state
> institutions really wants to stand behind the exhibition, they give
> only the verbal support they have to.

it feels very wrong to me that an exhibition should need state
institutions to "stand behind" it

Even since the exhibition is
> closed there are attacks on the building of the gallery and the
> artworks probably will have to be moved out.
> http://picasaweb.google.com/biroizbeograda/OdstupanjeUBeogradu

obviously the images of the two heroes were chosen because of their
similarities in scale and color, it looks very nice like that
so, people were upset that an image of some guy they did not like was
put up in a gallery and they tore this image down. and they left the
image of elvis presley as cow boy, this means that they think the
image of elvis presley is a good image to have in belgrade. they did a
selection of pieces in the artwork, they did not like all of it they
liked only the elvis presley... but that interpretation of their act
would let one think that those people did not understand that the
piece was a whole, elvis and the other guy inseparable. yet, they did
not tear the elvis presley (as cowboy) if they resented the
juxtaposition they should have destroyed both parts of the images
they did not destroy the elvis