[syndicate] Seven Pieces of Resurrection

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu May 31 21:35:09 CEST 2007

Seven Pieces of Resurrection

The following works are produced from materials 2006-2007; they include
dancework/choreography (Maud Liardon, Foofwa d'Imobilite), dance
description (Gerald Jones, a kind of memorial), a modified harmonica solo
(Alan Sondheim), and a story worth seeing, "Long Long Run." I usually
don't work at this speed or present so much material at once, but these
pieces are all of interest. If you have limited time, I'd look at Long
Long Run, Frenzy, and Blues and Blues. And all for Gerald in Memoriam.

Long Long Run: Foofwa d'Imobilite, video, Alps, 2006
(with Alan Sondheim, Azure Carter, Maud Liardon in the car),
Soundtrack and story: Alan Sondheim:
http://www.asondheim.org/thelonglongrun.mp4

Dance and Choreography: Foofwa d'Imobilite
Video: Foofwa d'Imobilite
Sound: Alan Sondheim (Sandy Baldwin's voice in the background)
Geneva rehearsal 2006:
Post-production: Sondheim, 2007
http://www.asondheim.org/frenzy.mp4

Gerald Jones on "dance is, part of a series. This was taped five
months before he died, and after chemo, in Brooklyn, NY, 11/2006:
http://www.asondheim.org/geraldjonesdanceis.mp4

Two avatar rehearsal, Foofwa d'Imobilite and Maud Liardon:
Choreography: Foofwa d'Imobilite from avatar mocap material (Sondheim)
Video: Foofwa d'Imobilite, Geneva 2006
Post-Production, Alan Sondheim,2007
http://www.asondheim.org/avatarrehearsalmaterial.mp4

Solo harmonica modified by automatic voice control:
Alan Sondheim, Brooklyn, 2007:
http://www.asondheim.org/abridged.wav

Rehearsal: Foofwa d'Imobilite, Maud Liardon, Geneva, 2006
Video: Foofwa d'Imobilite
Post-production: Alan Sondheim:
http://www.asondheim.org/bluesandblues.mov

Folk-dance in Nyon with Roman columns, 2006
Dancers: Foofwa d'Imobilite, Maud Liardon
Video and post-production: Alan Sondheim:
http://www.asondheim.org/follk.mp4