AW: [syndicate] Trans.: [thingist] IAM SPEAKER SERIES: SarahRobbins, March 12, 2007

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Mar 6 23:30:50 CET 2007

first, second life and myspace are entirely different in function and
phenomenology - and second, there are a lot of artists etc. in sl who
aren't the slightest bit inclined to newageism. sl is more like lambda or
pmc moos - what you get out of it depends on what you put into it; there's
a lot of programming going on, sound environments, etc. my video work is
shown there at times and it gains new audience. and w/ the bvh / mocap
stuff i'm doing i get to explore dancework i couldn't otherwise; sooner or
later i hope to work w/ foofwa there. maybe. - alan

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, fmadre at free.fr wrote:

> joking apart, there seems to be a divide between people who are on myspace
> and those who are on second life. I think, judging from the examples I've
> seen, that second life is favored by those who are enclined to new ageism and
> have this mythological idea that technology free them from their bodily
> constraints whereas myspace is favored by those who see it as an extension of
> their real life activities and encounters
>
> so, I definitely prefer myspace
> http://www.myspace.com/oncleho
> although I never go there anymore
>
> and I will never go to second life
>
> f.
>> On 3/6/07, claudia westermann <media at ezaic.de> wrote:
>>
>>> we are too old for myspace
>>
>> not at all !
>> look :
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/06/eveningnews/main1286130.shtml
>

> ----- Fin du message de cl3mos at gmail.com -----

Work on YouTube, blog at http://nikuko.blogspot.com . Tel 718-813-3285.
Webpage directory http://www.asondheim.org . Email: sondheim at panix.com.
http://clc.as.wvu.edu:8080/clc/Members/sondheim for theory; also check
WVU Zwiki, Google for recent. Write for info on books, cds, performance,