[syndicate] Flooding Oxford

James Allan james at teleportacia.org
Fri Jul 27 10:02:45 CEST 2007

Okay,

Considering media, public and private space is pretty dull until it
happens to you and the flooding in Oxford presented an opportunity to swim
in the medieval intricacies of the usually mundane dialogue between being
and nothingness. Hmm.

Everyone deals with a crisis in their own way but in a flood details tend
to get watered down and eventually the composite reverses and breaks again
into streams of contingent, relational vocabularies competing for
historical ascendancy. Uhm...

It's been raining a lot over here in England and damn if the river didn't
rise and flood the place. My allotment is flooded and I've been salvaging
what I can. Nobody seems to know what will survive so I'll have to wait
and see. At least I was able to save a few potatoes.

Reality, so they say, can be a complicated thing so I've reigned it in and
broken it down into three simple categories:

1. Mediated
2. Send Your Pics
3. By The Thames I Get To Phoenix

And this tells the rest of the story: