[syndicate] think i finally god it right, apologies for all that other stuff

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Jan 13 23:45:12 CET 2007

Is it Possible?

By Al Dubin and Jimmy McHugh (1939)

Is it possible you're possessable in the moonlight?
Is it possible you're caressable in the dark?
It can't be true someone like you would kiss me,
This must be heaven, this can't be a park,
Is it possible you're a "yes"able sort of person?
Then a wedding ring could make ev'rything quite all right,
For if you heart is "throbable," it's probable you might,
Is it possible you're possessable tonight.

http://www.asondheim.org/bodyvlf3.mov

Sweet Thing

By Joe Young, Abel Baer, and Fred E. Ahlert (1939)

Sweet Thing, you did that thing to my heart,
I want you, I need you, I do--
Sweet Thing, I simply can't get enough of you.
Sweet Thing, you came and "bing" went my heart,
It's beating, repeating your name,
Sweet Thing, now you're the top in my Hall of Fame.
While passing by you smiled at me so friendly,
The day was so languid and warm,
And there stood I with nothing to defend me,
No wonder you took me by storm.
Sweet Thing, you did that thing to my heart,
I sigh and I laugh and I sing,
Here's why, because you're everything,
Sweet Thing.