speech

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Jan 4 04:39:06 CET 2006

speech

ascend from the valley
descend from the valley
the excavation or hole at the top of the valley
the mountain or protrusion at the bottom of the valley
"it is the privilege of the prophet to descend into the valley
from the mountain where truth is closest to god. the people in
the valley wait for the prophet with delight. the prophet
speaks slowly and takes his time."
on the mountain the prophet speaks with a roar and a fury
in the valley the prophet speaks with delight and a song
http://www.asondheim.org/ascent.mp4 6m
http://www.asondheim.org/descent.mp4 7.6m
"sometimes the prophet is silent, speaking by way of travel.
to and from the valley with a roar and a fury, to and from
the valley with delight and a song - that is the speech of the
prophet."
we belong in the valley, the prophet proclaims from on high.
with the sign of the curve and the next curve around (at a
furious speed with a roar), the prophet gives us his sign.
"we ascend from the valley in the chariot of prophecy, with
delight and a song, we descend from the mountain with a roar
and a fury."
"spoken to, we speak for the first time, primordial origin of
speech."

ftp> dir ascent.mp4
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||33831|)
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
-rw-r--r--   1 x x  6205442 Jan  3 18:57 ascent.mp4
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> dir descent.mp4
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||33841|)
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
-rw-r--r--   1 x x  7599268 Jan  3 18:21 descent.mp4
226 Transfer complete.