fwd: ISTANBUL Workshop for MFA/PhD STUDENTS

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Fri Oct 14 23:12:50 CEST 2005

ISTANBUL Workshop for MFA/PhD STUDENTS
Kadir Has University
6th International Istanbul Interaction Design
Workshop
Young Instructor Training Program

DESIGN AS SEEING AS THINKING

February 27 - March 5 2006

Endorsed by UNESCO-YASMIN program

Curator: Prof.Dr. Oguzhan Ozcan, Yildiz Technical
University
Supervisor: Prof. Roberley Bell, Rochester
Institute of Technology

Aim and Scope:
The focus of this workshop will be to enhance the
quality of teaching by young instructors in
interactive media design through developing their
knowledge base of the principles of design and
the process of problem finding and problem
solving. A series of design problems will be
explored using local as a point of departure.

Participants will explore the physical,
geographic, cultural region of Istanbul and
through systems of observation and methods of
recording information address cross cultural
interpretations of place. The design problem and
process will be linked to methods and strategies
for improving their skills in the classroom.

Background of Applicants:
We are looking for 21 highly talented  young
instructors or PhD Students who currently teach
in basic design course at Department of
Communication Design, Interactive Media Design,
Multimedia Art or relevant art and design
disciplines.

Selection Process:
We will select 7 applicants from Mediterranean
Rim, 7 from Turkey and 7 from other countries.

Important deadlines:
Early application: November 30
Regular application: December 16
Late Application:  January 6
Announcement of Participants: January 16

How to apply
1. Prepare a web site that includes your
CV/resume and examples of your work (please do
not send any PDF documents; only a web site is
required).

2. Pay application fees
Early application fee until November 30
10 EUR for Europe & Med.Rim, 10 YTL for Turkey,
15 USD for others

Regular application fee until December 16
20 EUR for Europe & Med.Rim,  20 YTL for Turkey,
25 USD for others

Late Application fee until January 6
50 EUR for Europe & Med.Rim,  50 YTL for Turkey,
60 USD for others

3. Methods of payment: Bank transfer
Transfer the money to:
The recipient's name: Kadir Has University
Garanti Bank Balat Istanbul Brunch
Swiss Code: TGBATRISXXX
Account Number: YTL 020 6299846
Account Number: USID 020 9098884
Account Number: EURO 020 9098254

4. Send your web site link and money transfer
information to application at idws.info Without your
bank transfer information, your application will
not be processed.

5. In Subject line, type [workshop]. We recommend
that you read the details of the workshop
carefully before filling out the application.

6. We would like to remind all candidates to make
their flight reservations at once considering the
heavy winter traffic.

For more information visit http://www.idws.info
[website will be active on October 17 2005]