[syndicate] FW: Request to mailing list empyre rejected

_dream.thick[ener]_ netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Sun Nov 20 23:29:46 CET 2005

At 07:03 AM 21/11/2005, you wrote:

>I felt fucked up on empyre, I'm not on it at this point I think. Jim
>Andrews who hates me made sure my stint was fairly miserable; instead of
>alowing me to present whatever I do, he argued constantly. It was a mess.
>At the same time my own input was also censored (later) in regard to other
>people's stuff. I'm glad empyre's out there, but allowing that sort of
>behaviour is as corrupt as anything else in this country.
>
>Don't get me started.
>
>- Alan

from my latest furthfield critiquer article:

"Narrowband approach to information production + reification – email lists
such as fibreculture, nettime and empyre - closely align themselves with
this linear information/discussion trajectory. This closed communication
approach is the opposite of the notion and execution of communication
holism. Contextual orientations may be offensive to those immune to more
open-ended approaches to meaning construction. Narrative
dependents/advocates need to locate their traditionalist-tilted
perspectives inside established frameworks. Those advocates of narrative
[rational adhesive] stick to theory/chronology/linear/rational/Socratic
method/reason, allowing no discourse reactions beyond these channels. They
expressly will not relate to the possibilities of context
[contextualisation is viewed as pointless, limitless, chaotic, disordered,
risky/experimental]. This indicates the antithesis of nodal [free-form
branched context-feeding], which often seemingly digresses from [rather
than towards] an associated train of thought."

chunks,
mez

_intricate mirror mem[e_st]ories_
_ch[str]ained+[D-fence]linked_