[syndicate] NAR Monthlies 5_05

marc garrett a8theist at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 12 00:40:57 CEST 2005

My Life as A Shit
------------------

"I fear that animals regard man as a creature of their
own kind, which has in a highly dangerous fashion lost
its healthy animal reason - as the mad animal, as the
unhappy animal"

- Nietzsche

PRESENT (is) TENSE

If someone had said to me a few years ago 'you're a
piece of shit'. Without hesitation I would of returned
the insult. Purely because that is what one does -
respond. If someone had used the divisive word
'wanker' as a denominative gesture against my
character, again, I would have closed ranks and thrown
back an even tougher insult. Of course we are all
reactive and easily offended with comments that
declare us in the light of submission.

Not anymore, it's different these days. I no longer
return fickle insults. After all isn't it true that
everyone has wanked, skanked their juice in some form
or another? From those early childish discovery years,
right through to our official adult years. Nearly
everyone has been there and fiddled with their most
intimate body areas.

Haven't we all delved into our own flesh, touched, and
caressed our genital parts? So why should words that
relate to such things get people riled? Because it
literally gets under our skin and throws a shining
beam, exposing to the world that we are only flesh and
blood. Feral beings shrouded in humanistic clothing.
We are all lost in the 'Twilight Zone', a place where
all is not clear. Where the many shadows of ourselves
reside, ambigious, leaving us confused and uncertain
of what we really are.

Actually I feel very comfortable being called a
'wanker', a fucker, or even a piece of 'shit', (a
title much more appropriate for who and what I am
now). For time and it's ceaselessly grinding
inevitability has changed me; I've changed me.
Technology has mutated all of us so much now, it has
sculpted our behaviours. And yes, I can finally say
that I have come to terms with being what I am today.
Yes, I enjoy the liberation of being a piece of shit.

A story - by marc garrett.

http://www.furtherfield.org/mgarrett/shit.htm