[syndicate] New work: Autodrawn

Barbara Lattanzi threads at wildernesspuppets.net
Mon May 9 22:31:52 CEST 2005

At 07:10 AM 5/9/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Barbara,
>I made a slight change to the Java Applet. Took out what I think is
>causing the crash. Could you try it again and let me know if it works this
>time? You might have to clear out your browsers cache before trying.

Hi Pall.

This time it worked, very well.  I am impressed by the project and wonder
about about your choice of landscape imagery (images of place rather than,
for example, imagery that would suggest a story).  I do like the landscape
imagery, though.  I think that there is a subtle comic effect too when the
computer gives equal attention and visual weight to every part of the
drawing ... (that approach is in contrast to the usual understanding of
drawing as a process of mental dialogue - resulting in a set of marks that
is based on a visual interplay between selected areas of actual detail and
larger areas of marks where detail is only suggested... a lot to expect of
a computer!)

Barbara Lattanzi