[syndicate] Eyes of Laura

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Fri Feb 4 13:29:27 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <fmadre at free.fr>
To: <syndicate at anart.no>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [syndicate] Eyes of Laura

> ok, I fully understand that this eyes of laura stuff pushes the right (I'm
sorry
> to add: easy) buttons with you and alan but it seriously fails to deliver
online

> did you manage to see the damned webcam function ? lo or hi bandwidth it
just
> freezes my browser and that's all (that is when I can actually log with
the
> laura/laura login...) and the small bloggish window on the left, that is
SO
> poor!
>
> please tell me what you experienced online and not what the annoucement
makes
> you wonder about, thanks
>
> as a show of goodwill, here's again an example of what I like
> http://www.irational.org/cgi-bin/cv/cv.pl?member=heath#projects
> tons of small pockets of evidence, always interesting and
> pushes also some of the right buttons

yes of the links you have suggested, very interesting as structural/radical
links in matter of concept of webart, but nothing exclusive.

The question of the eyes of Laura is not discriminant in matter of "matter
of art online" ; it looks to be - of course easy and here is exactly the
most interest of this suggestion, because voyeurism is easy just a you have
the point of view : so the question is to found this point of view - I think
of "A dirty story", the film by Jean Eustache on this subject ; the site we
talk about is a provocation looking at the on-line artistic hyperealistic
polysemies about metavoyeurism... A critical point of view on obscenity asks
obvious contents (so easy).

This site is not my cup of tea but it appears asking any questions regarding
porn and war in an intimate way.