[_arc.hive_] escape/

Bjørn Magnhildøen noemata at kunst.no
Sun Apr 17 10:08:36 CEST 2005

17.04.2005 05:38:02, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

>I think this is the most successful of all the series; it's really
>wonderful and looks oddly like the earthquake mappings for GEE. In any
>case, have you thought about adding a 3rd dimension, tilting the whole
>thing? There are equations for this at least in qbasic I've used, they
>should be available, adding the 3rd dimension, coming out with a
>Mandelbrot landscape.
>
>But the boundaries are thicker here. How is the coloring determined?
>
>- Alan

Colors are not used to represent 3rd dimension here, like in the earlier
noscape/ where they had some levels. Here it's just a contextualization,
of imaginary maps. I tried adding 3d levels, but it was a mess.. I would
have to re-program more. Btw, I'm stripping off the colors and context
and still it engages imagination, given the right chunking/graining..

Bjørn