Fw: Michael Collon - "Serb Extermination camps" : media-lies

Andrej Tisma aart at EUnet.yu
Wed Apr 6 01:40:32 CEST 2005

Yes, Kouchner lied...

By MICHEL COLLON

The co-author of one of the biggest media lies of the nineties has just
confessed. A good example for the future because ways of manipulations are
always the same...

Flash-back. Summer 92, war in Bosnia. Bernard Kouchner and his "doctors of
the world" (Médecins du monde) broadcasted into the press and on the walls
in Paris an advertisement, outstanding and expensive. The photograph showed
"prisoners" of a Serbian camp in Bosnia. Behind barbed wires, Kouchner
sticking the picture of a watchtower from Auschwitz. His text blamed
Serbians for "mass executions".

Was it right or wrong? Wrong, admits Kouchner twelve years later. His latest
book, the warriors for peace, recounts an interview with Izetbegovic (the
Muslim nationalist leader in authority at the time of Sarajevo), in his
deathbed:

-Kouchner: those places were awful, but they didn't exterminate
consistently. Did you know about that?
- Izetbegovic: Yes. The assertion was false. There were no extermination
camps even if those places were terrible. I thought that my revelation would
bring faster bombings.

This media lie did actually change the opinion towards the support for
bombings. All the Western press broadcasted it massively but the latest
rectification was not communicated. The public could actually not be
informed that they get rolled.

The half-confession of Kouchner and this media silence makes us asking some
important questions:

1. Did Kouchner know all about it previously?
Answer: Yes. Since 1993, a journalist from France 2 channel, Jacques
Merlino, revealed the deception in his book with an eloquent title "All the
truths are not good to say". He was interviewing the director of Ruder Finn,
US agent for public relations. The latter, very proud to tell that his
campaign on" extermination camps" was just fake :
- "We got around three big Jewish organisations: B'nai B'rith, American
Jewish Committee et American Jewish Congress. And right away, we managed to
make the link between Serbians and Nazis concerning the public opinion. The
case was complex, nobody understood what was going on in Yugoslavia, but
bolt upright it was not really difficult to formulate who was the nice and
the good people.
- By lying, points out the journalist! Answer: We are professionals. We are
not paid to give moral lessons."
So, Kouchner knew since a long time and that's not nice to charge up the
entire blame on a dead person.

2. Did the media hide all the proofs of the deception?
Answer: Yes. A German journalist Thomas Deichmann showed since 1994 that the
photograph about barbed wires was fake, and also the prisoners were not
locked.
I reality, it was taken from an ITN reporting where they declare to be
well-treated, but the journalist took away those declarations!

3. Did Kouchner receive protection, even from "media critics"?
Answer: Yes. One example: Daniel Schneidermann( Arrêts sur images, France 5
channel TV) contacted us about this paper, and he dropped us from Kouchner
in order to not annoy him.
No questions about the media lies on Kosovo and neither his disastrous
statements on this province were asked to Kouchner.
We are talking about media lies and not mistakes. His career plan focusing
the UN general secretary post, and he has to do whatever to please USA.

4. Why did they have to tell a story "simple", but false?
In order to hide the responsibilities of big Western powers in this
conflict:
- Since 1979, the German CIA (the BND) was supporting extremists to collapse
Yugoslavia.
- In 1989, the IMF put neoliberal pressure to eradicate the auto management
and the workers rights, provoking the crisis and nationalisms.
- In 1991, German gave weapons to the Croatian and Muslim extremists before
the war.
- From 1992 to 1995, the USA intentionally extended and prolonged the
conflict as certified by a special European reporter in Bosnia, Lord Owen.
- Are there any advantages in those actions? Eradicate a social system too
much in the left side, and also control the strategic Balkans and the oil
roads.

5. Is it a matter to contradict all the crimes committed?
Not at all, but when our governments try to pull us into a war propaganda
"nice versus bad people", it is important to think about their hidden
interests. And their fake information. For example, concerning prison camp
in Bosnia, the UN counted six Croatians, two Serbians and one Muslim. And
they were rather gathering camp for exchanges, not extermination camp. But,
the Croatian and Muslim nationalists as being our allies or rather "our"
agents, Kouchner, Bernard Henri Levy and the permanent media guests
whitewashed them.
We would have to judge the war criminals. All the war criminals, in all
camps. But not by phoney courts created by a justice of winners where the
USA and the NATO are sitting above the law and straight out outlaw since
they are violating the UN bill without embarrassment.

6. Are there any more media lies "well-done" in this war?
       Yes. Just one example. When NATO started bombing Yugoslavia, in 1999,
it claimed
 its action  after the "massacre of 40 civilians" by the Yugoslavian army,
in Racak, Kosovo village. But Belgrad was talking about a fight between two
armies, caused by the Albanian separatist forces. The UN asked for a report
to a medical examiner commission led by a Finnish doctor, Mrs Ranta who
confirmed what Belgrad asserted. The media lie remains intact for the
opinion.
Why? Because media lies of Kouchner, BHL and others, allowed to divide the
left and stopped it from opposing to the war in reality unfair. The public
opinion needs to be manipulated. And the next time, it will start again.