to close any information of Matta-Clark

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Sun Sep 26 18:09:24 CEST 2004

Do you know of Burroughs and Gysin, Alan ? I guess yes...

So, Brion Gysin's song tittled "Junk!" is a music specially for him by
Ramuntcho Matta - it was to say of something you could hear of him.

For another part loosing my Latin, I wrote the name of his brother like in
your post ; but of course Gordon is his first name ; his name is
Matta-Clark.

For the beginning they were a group of several young students in
architecture at Columbia edu who performed in real outside of the museums in
any places they could (following radical underground of the lofts)... they
asked allow to perform before the destructions ; once, Matta-Clark bought a
ruin to do it without restriction. Once he misunderstanded with Eisenmann on
the question of windows to b edisconstructed in the museum for an
exhibition... at last they divided on a radical question of culture,
politics and career...

He died so young (of a cancer).

But he was the one of the group to the ideas so radical in matter of
contestation of the question of the forces... Eisenmann would have a lot of
thanks to Matta-Clark (Break architecture openning to the post modernity of
the new forms in this field - architects are late seing the another arts -
is coming from the ideas and art works by the conmittment of Matta-Clark.

The father approved admiration to him.