Babylonians Separated By Six Lines

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 00:47:39 CEST 2004

overlook the full surroundings & sink into Scheherazade's satchel
bubble up carefully & come forward
now each off-hand phrase has at least some warmth
intermediate enough, Nebuchadnezzar enough
yes! yes! send me any flounce from any scene!
the trifles open naturally, now even the sharpest use
Observatory telescopes to see 'em, though they still
come to us stooped & obsequious, bubbled up to come forward
THIRST - my first vicinity was a tolerably warm boot upon
a road lately removed, a cynical hold upon the lurking tearfuls
N E B U C H A D N E Z Z A R
finding prey with his forefinger, just another snake shifting &
craning to come forward out from the full surroundings, this
perseverance is a centaur hueless beside the remains of fair weather
anchor to swim blood-dyed in intonation, blood to vindicate a
dog short of hands, some day I'll lay a pair of gloves on her brow
until then, the whole story is vigorous as ever