=lol/ubik.3/4=

bzzp at n3krozoft.com bzzp at n3krozoft.com
Tue Oct 5 04:51:56 CEST 2004

                  \+\      b?njour.

the N3KROZOFT MORD konglomerat

is -/%pleased to announce the penultimate presentation of the
multimedia spektakl:

*//  LOL (laughing out loud) //*

  !"
  !"
  !"          7th october 2004 - 20:00 - performance
  !"
  !"          8th - 17th october 2004 14:00-18:00 - exhbition (wed-sun)
  !"
  !"          plug.in - basel
  !"
  !"
  !"          [where?]-
  !"
  !"          plug.in - St. Alban-Rheinweg 64, CH-4052 Basel
  !"
  !"
  !"          [informazja?]-
  !"
  !"          http://www.iplugin.org
  !"
  !"          http://www.youplugin.org
  !"
  !"          http://www.weallplugin.org
  !"

*//  LOL -- project background  //* {loop.mode}

on jan 12th 2003, in Phoenix/Arizona, a 21-year old computer addict
[known as "ripper"] dies of an overdosis of prescription drugs while
chatting on the internet.

soon after this tragic event, a text file containing a transcription of
the dialogs that occured in the chatroom appeared on numerous websites.
The acronym "LOL" (which stands for "laughing out loud", or "lots of
laughs") appears to be by far the most frequent expression in this
dialogs.

re-processing the semantic data recorded before, during and after
ripper's death, the N3KROZOFT MORD multimedia group expands the network
tragedy into a caustic ectoplasmic seance.

http://n3krozoft.com/LOL

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

http://n3krozoft.com/LOL/interview.html

*// excuse our french //*
*// translation: SYSTRAN 1.0.3 //*

*//  ?UBIK?  //*

Handbook: That made a long time that I sought the means of making a
"contemporary" science fiction film - what is very difficult today,
humanity at this point being engaged in one is delirious of
technological possiblities that the concept of science fiction in
oneself becomes redundant. From where undoubtedly stagnation of the
literary production in this field, which is reflected in the thinning
down of the public and the publishers. It will be also noted that many
the "large" science-fiction novels, written in years 60-70, proceed
between 1990 and 2010... One is thus "in full inside", and it is
necessary to adopt our consequently point of view.

- We would thus live a time when science fiction and "social realism"
meet?

*// [ data missing ] //*

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

PHILIP K DICK : UBIK - summarized comment//

Written in 1966, published in 1969.

6) arrival on the Moon, underground hotel (located "at three hundred
meters of the industrial research center"). Joe carries out a reading
of the "field psi". Arrival of Stanton Mick ("squat, thick legs, air of
a tobacco pot"). Reading of the field psi: "there is no field". Stanton
Mick floats up to the ceiling - explosion. Runciter is with the
anguish. Return to the vessel. The body of Runciter is placed in a
cryonic capsule. - Joe ignites a cigarette: "désséchée and cracking",
it breaks between its fingers. - Wendy Wright feels old.

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

1966:	Burroughs carries out recordings with Ian Sommerville, in a
studio in London placed at their disposal by Paul McCartney.
PKD writes "Ubik" and " C androids dream of electric sheep? ".
Konrad Boehmer composes "Aspekt".
Vietnam: installation of a line of defence electronic, the "McNamara
Line"; technologies allowing to supervise the enemy movements
effectively; technology of acquisition, using the infra-red and
television on low level of luminosity, combined with the air means of
destruction most sophisticated.
Beginning of construction of the NSA listening site at Pine Gap
(Australia).
Pr. Joseph Weizenbaum (MIT) writes the program "Eliza".

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

9) Joe et al. go to Baltimore ("randomly") to test the cigarettes
there: they are émiettent. In an empty cartouche, a message signed
Runciter ("sorry for Wendy Wright"). Al buys "an expensive German tape
recorder".

- Of return in New York, the tape recorder is déglingué ("an old thing
as one built some forty years ago"). - instructions of the
mangétophone: "Manufactured by Runciter in Zurich - service of
maintenance to Monks". - Joe: "It is there that Runciter was born." -
Metamorphosis of the elevator (model 1910 with lift attendant) - Al is
the only one to have seen it. Feeling of froid/entropie. - Al goes to
the toilets. Graffiti: writing of Runciter ("I am alive and you died.")
- Al: "We are in semi-life. Undoubtedly always on board Pratfall II." -
Al fails, decrepit.

- Room of conferences - vacuum. Receiver TV - commercial - "You all are
dead. I am alive."

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

- 1969: August 29: Leila Khaled carries out its first diversion of
plane.
Nam June Paik and Shuya Abe develop the video synthetizer Paik/Abe.
Gilles Deleuze is named professor at the experimental university of
Paris-Vincennes.
The ARPANet is developed, functioning on the basis of system of Unix
computers.
The NSA systematizes its civil program "disturbance watch list" (put
under observation of potential agitators) baptized OPERATION MINARET.
Ulrike Meinhof makes her film "Bambule", which tells the life of three
teenagers in Berlin.

  !"
  !"
  !"

¬ During the winter [1969], the abuse of amphetamines sent Dick to the
hospital where one diagnosed serious renal and pancreatic lesions.
Hardly left, it started again. It started to write a novel of which it
knew only the title, borrowed from that who had become his preferred
musician, John Dowland: its airs and parts for lute are the most
poignant expression of the melancholy élisabéthaine. At the beginning
of Flow, my Tears ( Run, my tears ), somebody awakes private of his
identity. Nobody recognizes this man celebrates the day before, his
papers do not correspond any more to nothing, any trace of him
disappeared. He is nothing any more.

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

Solaris

>> tu devrais te débarrasser de l inconnu du magnetic north tsentr.
>> adresse toi plutôt au gens du CXC.751
>> les similitudes entre les deux affaires sont inquiétants..
>> exactement comme doug

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

LOL (laughing out loud)

is kindly supported
by the Swiss Federal Office of Culture
  + Sitemapping --- http://www.sitemapping.ch

  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"
  !"

*// ER Univers KOI8-R information list //*

The KOI8-R list will inform you about international activities of
N3KROZOFT MORD and it's partner organisations. You will not recieve more
than 0+1 e-mail per month on this list.

To unsubscribe easily from the KOI8-R list, visit our subscription page
at http://n3krozoft.com/koi8-r

If you wish to receive more frequent / detailed informative reports,
please consider subscribing to the internal list
http://n3krozoft.com/fachgruppe

  !"
  !"
  !"