The Romance of Certain Old Clothes

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 00:28:25 CEST 2004

olive grove
a mercy if on wheels
tugs planted there

                    their young the coffins

the Eastern ditch    .      dress at home
radio is a distinction from conversation

the scholar's two boys close
(cure your load by reading the newspaper)
contentious beak lonesome as a gas station
Dante the neolithic up-tight El portador
gnawing only sunsets, the busdriver's contraption
borrows my bared skin - on her back the arm
is the jaw of your passport calf  /  numerous days
pasted on the lefthand corner, O olive grove

the vacant eye eyes a coastline's branchnet
grace blossoms when the calf is killed, whilst cream
and a settled third shore share their leaves as carbon paper
currents prowling the steamed-up commercials
shamelessly pursing & horseman's sleep escapest me to say:
chief nation; war-equipment

                             princely pledge bewail'd; THE game of collars

a lay recite (too little hopeless)- encompass my works
the Almighty, clotted with grizzled hair, with cash recompensed,
in conference with the morrow; prosperity near and far
His errand had fallen portion to our track
                                                    cold streams
of both nations where the iamb lies down with the lion
a horde of miserly
topical automatons
drop-leaf confirmation
crawls in
a healthy darling choking the roads
span stage as you can
I've missed you, Cousin Prison
Brother Hotel, Sister Route
I am waiting for your breath
a double-barrelled frailty
white hats give advice
to your oldest clothes
what other dead carpenter is a social proposition?
the oasis has yet to get back to me
in the meantime, in the first place
it's always a bad night when
the Mount Wilson Observatory lurks at the foot of my bed
one part photographs, three parts breakfast
a grand piano is not ALL cakes and ale, you know
long tiers of tiger skins littered with imploring letters
could be easily sent for, but have no real part in this missive
or this particular tier of tiger skins

http://mail.yahoo.com