WarNet?

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Sat Nov 13 16:27:51 CET 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/13/technology/13warnet.html?th

It's about time. Not that I think the war-net will ever work, but
Internet - also originally a Pentagon project - is going to be
useless in a couple of decades, when two billion people try to pass
their spam through the same amount of cable that 20,000 people used a
decade ago. If Pentagon spends another couple of hundreds of billions
dollars on laying down more cable to increase the bandwidth for its
war-net, ultimately that would boil down well for Internet users
later this century. And terrorist networks will have to rely more on
suicide avatars than on suicide bombers, I guess.

ivo