[syndicate] Go to GOOGLE HOME!

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Tue Nov 9 23:27:11 CET 2004

*MODELS FOR COLLECTIVE SERVERS*
*-are you being served?
-----------------------------*

12 noon Sunday 28th November at HTTP/ Furtherfield
-----------------------------

In the wake of the FBI seizure of Indymedia Uk's commercial servers,
Irational.Org, Furtherfield and Ivan Pope are hosting a workshop to look
at models for 'collective servers'.

We wish to ask a series of questions regarding security, legal
responsibility, autonomy, collectivism and the 'terms of engagement'
between users and administrators of these data 'homes'.

With a reinvigorated notion of the 'Commons' through online information
systems we propose to discuss pragmatic policy and constitution in
relation to servers and their communities and arrive at some workable
models that satisfy the geeks and the non-techies, the artists and the
activists.
-----------------------------

Schedule

Existing models
- Ivan Pope proposes model of a 'server collective' and discusses
Furtherfield hosting.
- Heath Bunting presents irational.org and sparror.cubecinema.com
- Rachel Baker will present some off-the-shelf commercial solutions.
- Simon Worthington presents OpenMute

Lunch- food and drink provided

The Collective Server
Contribute to planning the specifications of 'the collective server'.
Draw on your experiences and your requirements.
Share your resources.
-----------------------------

Places are limited so to book a place please contact: info at furtherfield.org

Time : 12 noon Sunday 28 November
Place : Furtherfield @ HTTP
Unit A2, Arena Design Centre
71 Ashfield Rd
London, N4 1NY

http://www.furtherfield.org/collectiveservers

Nod to Artservers Unlimited http://asu.sil.at/

Food and drink provided and supported by the Arts Council of England.

http://www.ivanpope.com/
http://www.furtherfield.org/
http://www.irational.org/
http://www.sparror.cubecinema.com/