Direct Action <<>> Worse than 9/11

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Thu Nov 4 16:24:43 CET 2004

comments inserted

On 3 Nov 2004 at 23:57, Miroslav Visic wrote:

My view:

In normal countries, the neo-fascists customary take 5% of the
popular vote. Maybe 10% in a good year. But not 51%.

>>>Serbia 1992 = USA 2004.

How can you be the president of a country when half of her population
hates you? How can you be the president when there is only a handful
of countries where you are welcome - only by their governments?

>>>again, I have to invoke the sad Balkan example. it can last for
quite a time.

I mean - Saddam Hussein was more liked in Iraq than GWB was on the
election day in the US.

>>>if all facts are considered (for instance, the cruelty of Saddam's
regime to anybody who opposed it), this might not be true; BUT it is
possible (again, Milosevic seems to have been liked by Serbs in 1992
more than Bush is by Americans in 2004; the dislike resided there and
here within minority groups...)

The neo-con-artists in D.C. tell us the World is better without
Saddam (since we didn't find any WMD, some excuse is needed). If you
look at 100,000 Iraqi civilians slaughtered by the US of A, a 1000+
GIs killed in Iraq ("Mission accomplished!", "Bring 'em on")), and a
dozen of people from various countries beheaded... it's obvious that
the World is NOT better without Saddam.

The World WAS much better place without Dubya in the White House.
[/my lawyers advised me to formulate this statement exactly this
way/].

>>>that is easy to confirm by historic facts. too bad that Americans
were carried by emotion instead of reason in making their electoral
choice.

This election signifies the further decline of the Empire. Throughout
the history, it happened to many great nations and civilizations -
the Germans, Romans, Turks....  Sometimes the whole nations need a
psychiatrist. I knew that something was terribly wrong with the
Serbs, in the late 80s, when they chose the vitriolic nationalism
over having the jobs, peace, food... I knew that something was wrong
with those Americans who chose the "moral values" over jobs, peace
and prosperity. My dear Ohioans, and others, the next time your jobs
go to Bangalore, Mexico, or Kuala Lumpur, please don't complain. Have
some "moral values" for dinner instead. And pay your mortgage with
"moral values" too.

Comment from Ivo Skoric:
ivo at reporters.net

Moore's STUPID WHITE MEN re-elected Bush. I love analyzing exit-polls
and looking at the maps. a) non-whites, women that are not
housewifes,
religious people that are not 'protestants' - they all predominantly
voted for Kerry; which leaves us with the majority of STUPID WHITE
MEN
that did vote for Bush. b) very educated (postgraduate degrees) and
very little educated (no HS, or just HS) voted for Kerry, while all
those who got some education, but obviously not enough to teach them
how to think, they all voted for Bush. c) the most predictable
differentiating factor for Bush vote is income: the higher the
income,
the more likely that person would vote for Bush, with $50,000/year
being the breaking point: rich prefer dictatorship over democracy,
that's just a fact easily discerned from Latin American societies. d)
voting maps show wildly divided country, the entire East Coast North
of Mason-Dixon line voted Democrat (and most of the rust-belt
States),
and the three West Coast states voted Democrat (the closer to coast,
the more Democrat they are) - essentially, the economic engine of the
country voted for Kerry - and the entire vast rest of the US voted
for
Bush. This eerily ressembles the situation in former Yugoslavia in
the
1980- s, when the more developed areas where in favor of political
democratization, while 'the heartland' was for preserving the old
system at all costs, including the bloody war that ensued a couple of
years later. e) wherever there is a city, a large urban area, there
are minorities, and there is Kerry's victory - whichever state map
you
open you can pin-point where is the largest urban area there, because
it is painted blue. and wherever there is a suburbian sprawl, guraded
by the narrow-minded mentality of a small town, poisoned by the Fox
News, without the advantage of buccolic imagery, poisoned by the air
pollution from all the cars, there is a vote for Bush, and more of
the
same: get those criminal minority youth from inner cities to fight
wars abroad so we can perpetually consume more for less.

Comment from John Wilmerding:

 wilmerding at earthlink.net