[chugchanga-l] meanwhile back in this century...

Frederic Madre fmadre at free.fr
Tue May 4 23:02:06 CEST 2004

At 22:53 04/05/2004, you wrote:
>I almost did that, but then I heard the third Jet single and it was an
>utterly horrifying power ballad.  Let me know how the rest of the
>album is.

it's great.
actually, I bought it on the strength of the singer's coughing during the
intro of the (I think) first single. I thought that was absolutely
brilliant and I played the album a great deal of times each time marvelling
again at that cough in the intro of "are you gonna be my girl ?" which is
anyway a great track. Other than that I also think that every great r*ck
album should have one horrifying power ballad and that this is what makes a
great album go up to brilliant.

still, I listen to Destroyer's "your blues" every day since I bought it and
I wonder why you don't.

f.