Monty Cantsin [Istvan Kantor] recevies gg award

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Sun Mar 7 19:16:23 CET 2004

>>Look at the body of work of Istvan Kantor/Monty Cantsin,
>>all communication guerilla, all projects of artistic
>>appropiation of state priviledges, partly also the
>>anticopyright movement, poetry performers,
>>noise producers, they all  owe him something.

> "bullshit"

paradoxally the best way to become a neoist is
to blame neoism! your "bullshit" is already a neoist
bullshit.

>Why would he not gain recognition?

I have to add also Istvan Kantor's videos,
performances to the list, always strong
enough to make simple 'look at me' quite
difficult. I can imagine your face wondering while
looking 'what is this'?

>>Why would he not gain recognition?
>because he is a dancing worker / puppet

institutions work is to evaluate artistic
works, if it's well done, i have nothing to object.
certainly Kantor did not change style to fit
in institutional frames.

greetings,
Anna