Reviews of books I like and more -

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Jun 18 11:30:49 CEST 2004

6/18/2004 5:39:11 AM, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

Reviews of books I like and more -

'Ghazalijja va Sardarijja' by Mirza Abu'l Hassan Jagma, ed Hosein Tabari, 1958.
I like the poetry of Jagma as well, but these pessimistic philosophical satrires
written in the ghazal form and puristic language  impress me even more. It infleunced
Jagmas' life as well, since he had to leave the governor position in Kashan exactly
because of these satires. He wondered after as dervish for a while and traveled for  all
the rest of his life.

'De rebus in adminstratione sua gestis' of Abbot Sugar. He sums up
without apology the results of his activity in St. Denis 1145, the
development of the Abbey, acquisition of new lands, new church,
new builings, and ecclesiastic reforms.

and Alan Sondheim, recent work,

has involved motion capture bvh files created for Poser; background is
supplied by images from Cooper's Rock and Gentile Glass company. The
result is the dismembered high-speed post-modern body as the contacts are
remapped onto bodies plural, as well as floor-heaps and straight-forward
topological splits/joins, etc. The background of the recent pieces
attempts to impose a narratology, if not a narrative, upon the results.
Other work has involved the creation of a filtering program for ascii
texts (with the aid of two c++ programmers) which will use mathematical
functions as its basis.

greetings,
Anna