REALTOKYO MM Vol. 184

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Jun 18 03:49:22 CEST 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____6_18_2004_Fri_vol.184_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 010

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Ringo Kikaku 2004-1 Duo: Watashi no Koibito
by Iwate Megumi

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 47 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 010

May

While Super-School's editing book "Bokutachi wa henshu shinagara
ikiteiru" ("a life of editing") is selling well, my collection
of book reviews for "Esquire" magazine in form of a book titled
"Kuroi dokusho no techo" is now also available (from Artbeat
Publishers). If you allow me the comment, I think the contents
is quite fulfilling, and I hope you'll have at least a closer
look when in a bookstore. In the middle of this publishing rush,
I appeared in a talk show with REALTOKYO editor Ozaki, at Aoyama
Book Center. With him I share the experience of plunging into the
editing and publishing business in the late '70s, and both of us
spent the '80s and '90s widening our scopes to Internet and
art-related editorial activities. Although we're kind of similar
types, we had for the first time the occasion for an extensive
talk, and it was pretty interesting in the end.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0050-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Ringo Kikaku 2004-1 Duo: Watashi no Koibito

Session House in Kagurazaka aims to be for contemporary dance
what clubs are for live music. "Ringo Kikaku" invites viewers to
evaluate and educate dancers, and only throw 500 yen or more into
their hats if their performances seem to be worth it. On the
program this year are a series of experimental performances
challenging duo, trio and quartet constellations around Condors'
Kondo Ryohei. Appearing in the first duo installment is Kuroda
Ikuyo, one of the hottest female choreographers these days.
In her recent pointe work at New National Theatre, Tokyo, she
showed a face totally different from that of her own pieces, and
her appearance next to Kondo Ryohei will be a chance to witness
yet a different Kuroda Ikuyo.
--Iwata Megumi

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,1108

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo
- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO