tRySt downtown - manhattan, nyc - july 004

Tue Jul 13 21:19:45 CEST 2004

                       qpQ,,,Qg                            q,
       dWWWWWWWWWWb    WWWWWWWWp                           Wb
       db     ggpdb   dF  WWE /"b                         qWp,
       db    gWF db   `   WWE     qgqgp ggggp \gggp gpg,qgWWWW
       db   gWF  db       WWb    dWWNWW "WWWE /WWW"dWb'b "@WF`
       db  gWF   db       WWb     4Wb`   JWWB,qW"  JWWB,  dWE
       db gWF    db       WWF     4Wb     JWWBW"    /WWB  4WE
       db7""     db      \WWE,    dWp      JWWR    d.,WWh dWBgp
       dBggggggggMb      WWWW"   JWWW\     qWF     JWWWF   "W"\
                                       qWWgWF
TRYST downtown :: FREE!               dWWWW\
                                        """
Beginning Wednesday at 12:30 and for four consecutive Wednesdays and
Fridays to follow, come to the financial district and encounter the
unexpected with Tryst downtown, as part of Lower Manhattan Cultural
Council's SiteLines series.

Tryst is a collaborative endeavor by Paul Benney, Clarinda Mac Low and
Alejandra Martorell that conjures free outdoor performance situations
that re-envision and re-discover the physical landscapes of our
everyday life.  Performances will occur and reoccur during the month of
July in the city's financial district.

We have a Business Herd that moves from the corner of Coenties Slip and
Pearl St. to the Chase Manhattan Plaza every Wednesday beginning at
12:30pm; a Wildlife Tour at the 60 Wall St. Atrium of Deutsche Bank,
also on Wednesdays, from 2 to 3pm; and our much appreciated,
service-oriented piece, Assisted Street Crossing, Fridays between 4:30
and 6:30pm at Broad and Water St.

Performers, participants and helpers include: Paul Benney, Sean
Bronzell, Raquel Cion, Alicia Diaz, Janusz Jaworski, Clarinda Mac Low,
Alejandra Martorell, Robert Meyer, Aki Sasamoto, Jenny Seastone, Arturo
Vidich and Kathy Westwater. Documentation by Jeremy Schaller;
Production by Rebecca Guber from LMCC, and Tryst.

Please check...
http://www.rivertorivernyc.com
        http://www.site-lines.org
               http://www.cmlperformance.org
                               ...for more information.

Weds. July 7, 14, 21, 28, 12:30-1:45  PM

The Business Herd: Blending in with the natural habitats of the
financial district, we make our lunch break-away from one place to
another, traveling in a herd, picking up characters and incidents along
the way.  Join in on a pseudo tour along the back streets of the Wall
Street area, reacquainting your self with architectural marvels and
strange specimens. The journey begins at the Stone Street Historic
District and reaches a grand finale near the Dubuffet sculpture in
Chase Manhattan Plaza.

Weds. July 7, 14, 21, 28, 2-3 PM

60 Wall St. Atrium: Now you are officially on a tour of this most
fantastical wildlife refuge gem In New York City. Find out how
scientists imperceptibly study the behavioral patterns of clerical
workers and financial advisors. Learn the geological history of the
mirrored wonderland of the 60 Wall St. Atrium, the largest indoor
public plaza in the Wall St. area, and one of the few resting places
that exist nestled in the canyons of office monoliths.

Fridays July 9, 16, 23, 4:30-6:30 PM

Assisted Street Crossing: We offer to help busy New Yorkers by carrying
them across the street. Some popular lifts include the Superman, the
Queen's Chair and the Battering Ram. On the corner of Water and Broad
Streets.

with love,

alejandra, clarinda and paul.

(())_n <-> http://www.t0.or.at/~eyescratch <-> n_(())