Call 1 / Invitation

ART ELECTRONICS clprezi at tin.it
Mon Jan 12 09:34:23 CET 2004

Verbo-visual poetics and E-Poetry at David Medalla's London Biennial 2004.
(Dead line February 28)

The aim o this experimental project (Caterina Davinio curator) is to explore
some recent developments of verbal-visual poetics, focusing on historical
and emerging international artists and writers who worked in the
contamination field between poetry/writing and image/performance, with
attention to new media developments, not as mere support, but as intrinsic
structural element of the art work.
This project consists of a visual poetry exhibition, a new media poetry
exhibition, and a video&performance event related with net-art project
Gates.

Realized with materials from Davinio Art Electronics archives, the
exhibition will include the artists selected with the open call done in
March 2003 and some new entries.

Submissions are still possible in these sections:
- Visual poetry, graphics (only original pieces, computer-art/poetry
printings are considered only if realized directly by the artist and with
original signature. Dimension: A3, A4 or smaller).
- Uniques pieces and objects (A3, A4 or smaller, no heavy materials).

We encourage participation of artists from Africa and Asia, of women and
joung artists.
No photocopies, no mail art, no video, no computer files, please NO
MATERIAL BY E-MAIL. If you were never included in our exhibitions, please
join a detailed biobibliography.

Invited artists (non complete list from archives 2003)

Ryosuke Cohen (Japan)
Keiiki Nakamura (Japan)
Dorian Ribas Marinho (Brazil)
Claudio Parentela (Italia)
Oronzo Liuzzi (Italia)
Tulio Restrepo (Colombia)
Juan Jose Diaz Infante (Mexico)
John M. Bennet (USA)
Siglinde Kallnbach (Germany)
J. R. Carpenter (Canada)
Brice Bowman (USA)
Centro de Arte Experimental Vigo (Argentina)
Daniele Virgilio (Italia)
Danae Hondrou (Greece)
Francesco Mandrino (Italia)
Daniel Daligand (France)
Fernando Aguiar (Portugal)
Samir Mesquita (Brazil)
Jorg Piringer (Austria)
Loreto Soledad Garin Guzman (Chile)
Clemente Padin (Uruguay)
Klaus Peter Dencker (Germany)
Rora & Dobrica Kamperelic (Serbia)
Bartolome Ferrando (Spain)
Sergio Monteiro de Almeida (Brazil)
Anna Boschi (Italia)
Mike Basinski (USA)
Chris Funkhouser (USA)
Jean-Pierre Balpe (France)
Philippe Bootz (France)
Akenaton (France)
Julien Blaine (France)
Luoise Landes-Levi (USA)
Ira Cohen (USA)
Lisa Hammer (USA)
Eugenio Miccini (Italia)

Special section dedicated to the artists included in GATES Project (150
artists in
video & live performance).

Please subscribe by the curator before sending materials: davinio at tin.it.
Unfortunatly we work on a very small budget, that makes not possible to pay
fees, compensation or refund. Every submitted work is considered a donation
to our association, will not be returned, and could be utilized for further
initiatives or sold to cover organization expenses. This is a personal
invitation sent to a selected list of artists. Catalogue on line.
Please send by post as non commercial/cultural material to:
Caterina Davinio
V. Sassi 10
23900 Lecco (LC)
ITALIA