10-year history

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Jan 3 03:01:10 CET 2004

(culled from www.asondheim.org)

a 10-year history of

loving,
writings,
video,
soundwork,
net work,
unemployment,
depression,
illness,
sadness,
death,
violence,
bombings,
wars,
pollutions,
extinctions,
starvations,

loving comprehension.  I am typing this lovingly, morosely, on my Compaq
Aero 486/25; the bright- derous for the eye, loving to the ears as well -
and is there a difference cept, of distant loving is for me, by its very
nature, violent, violating, another post. they surround lovingly the
breast of clara hielo, the Clara: thinking and loving, writing, the murmur
of the world saving the signifier. Rock has nothing against paper; paper
lovingly co- hole: this is what appears out of cyberspace, the challenge
of loving the pages, yours, letters swollen, loving your mouth. they will
lovingly listen to your talking, and they will talk with you. 3000 be
around to celebrate it my writings will be ash this list beyond Jones'
writings which were reissued) - and I couldn't play blues;  writings have
boundaries blurried by duplications, erasures, transforms surrounding him
(his writings); in any case, the case in which dyslexia Siva, The Erotic
Ascetic; her writings on Hinduism have some affinity, I is no hope. My
great vision has disappeared in little writings. I lose

  scattered among interpenetrated writings writings share accountancy in
common, the earlier computers considered The dispersion of the first and
last writings are identical. One connects, First and last _writings_
ordains Being with matrix, Male, video, 1992, 40' Revised Greatest Hits,
video, 1992, 118' Wupatki, video, 1990, 15' Angelina and Sorrow, video,
1989, 13' [Note: This does not include film before 1980 or video before
1988.] 10 videotapes completed for Cogitations Ltd., 1973 resistance;
when, about eight months ago, I began discussing video cli- phony and
video, and linux. placing the others. Audio, video, and extended
graphics/animation modal- techniques at times reminiscent, say, of video
compression - and that providing soundwork for Merce Cunningham), Gordon
Mumma, Cornelius Cardew, lied - not counting the cd soundwork or the
potential video - my texts and still images, with some of the
music/soundwork. oh i can move among spaces videos, soundworks, and
performances. Nikuko would pirouette for Doctor and the labor involved
which was the inverse of the soundworks, in which 2. That raw telnet works
with talkers reasonably well - the only real pro- Here's how the net
works. You get attracted to someone. You write back and into hacking and
internet works - storms all they're sullen depressions residue truth read
twelve to fourteen hours a day depression sliding down the walls during
depression what broken limbs she senses "the hitting her"  "the why
maintenance celexa obsessive depression state ends transform substance
faced failures depressions tolerates melds away horror today feature
depression qi build laying bricks stones foot floored bare words letters
mail them from alt corn husks depression depression like a mineral." for
the most part a thing of the past. Surely this is part of depression, it
in about 20 hours or so (waiting for post-vacation depression to sink I
mean this literally; I feel the onset of illness, simulacra piled on,
Isn't it always a case of illness, I'll-ness. I'll tell you the truth,
stillness, coldness in pre-Columbian night - must be to be reading #15 in
can occur in any chronic or debilitating illness.  ther organ,
membrane-spreads of _illnesses of the surface,_ attacks on cal or
physio-psychological illnesses, or physio-illnesses, any and by the birch
(denuded by illness as the species slowly disappears), to give a name to
your illness, give a name to your illness 1999 smiling everywhere, yet
other organs, uncanny stillness, strangeness mother's illness, which has
taken a terrible turn for the worse. I keep lete, the passing of a
favorite. There is an incontrovertible sadness

 making you feel wonderful."}, {"cry", "%n cries, half in sadness and sary
to present this sadness: "_a_ [..] yards," indicative of a tiny rough with
the roar of trucks, sadnesses and consolations. I picked them up; I
There's sadness in the forest if you've reached this part. You forget
Hokusai cries, half in sadness and mourning, half in pure exhaustion. la
daraine There's sadness in the forest if you've reached this part. in
algaes, & hearing there are other things in the world & sadness of as
moans of despair, sobs of sadness. They were the groanings of a per-

  much sadness although ( a fact the _instrument_ of the death of the
species, the death of being- locate ourselves in the dominion of death. It
will never strike us down When death comes, it comes in full view; you can
hear it. Today I walked durate, even death which is becoming a
_deduction._ For ourselves, for olding. So isn't death a residue? death,
love, colonization; they stop objects from sliding beyond tradi-

 Gender: vaginality/eccentric space/binding/origin/death/displacement
death |, meets the totalizahon of organs, and so on. Thus I am y i Seduced
solitude oi death in both I am hole again.  death and its simulacra.)
monitoring need only be properly applied, coupled with realistic violence,
ear development of the violence of territory? Hunting _grounds_ are un-
Native American had to lose ground. Ignorance, racism and violence accom-
I don't suggest you seek it out. It is on the far side of rape, violence,
a lot of this work doesn't problematize its own representation of violence
it! You get violent, threaten violence; you get mean, flame once or twice,
is going to be anything more than the transposing of violence to cyber-
within me, keeping her violence (to which I respond with my own) going,
The violence of a flame in cyberspace kills someone through the force of
Note in passing (as this is all in passing) the violence inherent in the
to bombings, aerial or otherwise, missiles of crews, sical acts humans are
capable of. The Net is tending towards increased Is there anything other
than temporary identities, softwares, communities, and time, continuously
upgraded software, electronic investment, variety planet heading towards
the double cusp of plague and pure virtuality. As or thwarted precisely to
the extent that it is not Being but emergence it- cing the texts within,
if I alone am aware of this? And such a totality sion. It's awkward,
inoperable; it belongs nowhere. It's not publishable incoherent
maintenance of inscriptions. Spew is also desire thwarted, tendenz towards
retirement, towards a closure beyond the Net 1-14, beyond finally,
furtively, discarded. So it must continue onward, push itself can kill us;
our bodies rapidly absorb bullets, pollutions, viruses, poi- and
pollutions exhaust the land everywhere. In spite of occasional suc- tions
- extinctions, pollutions, desertifications, abandonments, colonias,
pollution, nightly pollutions So you see, this teetering world, these
texts, these cultures, pollutions, in kelp, seed-pods of aquatic plants
adapting to stratified pollutions
  pollutions reaching down to the very depths of the seas.
  - it is all the same beneath imploded signifiers, extinctions, inverting
his policies of ruthless extinctions enclaves of rich prepare for war.
extinctions have reached maximum warriors of extinctions - policy of
scorched worlds - mindfulness and the and humans on the way to
extinctions... _lost processes,_ extinctions of variables and elegance.
The _shamble_ word to cover changes such as flexiwork, global extinctions,
here i will survive until the final extinctions animal/plant extinctions,
my inability to support myself at this point, tions - extinctions,
pollutions, desertifications, abandonments, colonias, guor, infinite
erotics, starvations, extinctions: FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY.

_